M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys, heres some pics of my progress on the new replacement smoothie fender, as you can see i listend to your opinions and shortend it by 1,1/2" didnt want to make it any shorter or i would of started to loose the shape, i think it will look nice and show the back tyre of a lot more, ive given it a deeper flat edge on the back with a view to giving the option of mounting stop and tail led,s actualy in the fender wich will look sweet, i need to get it flatend and painted next, then i can take a mould off it, im trying to make a bolt off, bolt on part so you can swap it back to stock if desired just like my other custom fender, so what do ya think so far!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so guys, heres some pics of my progress on the new replacement smoothie fender, as you can see i listend to your opinions and shortend it by 1,1/2" didnt want to make it any shorter or i would of started to loose the shape, i think it will look nice and show the back tyre of a lot more, ive given it a deeper flat edge on the back with a view to giving the option of mounting stop and tail led,s actualy in the fender wich will look sweet, i need to get it flatend and painted next, then i can take a mould off it, im trying to make a bolt off, bolt on part so you can swap it back to stock if desired just like my other custom fender, so what do ya think so far!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. :bigthumbsup: How long until your next update?
Well if all goes well I'm hopeing to have these for sale in the next couple of weeks, :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are the led holes going to go from edge to edge?
Still not sure weather to put the holes in, or let the customer do it to suit themselfs, some people my not want led,s and want to go with a alternative like a sidemount:dontknow:,

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
This is Kewl, How will it work with shortened 1 1/2 inches? Wont it be longer than the piece underneath? Just curious! I have the Raw design LED turn signals under my fender. Will they still be usable?
Very interesting! I think shorter would look meaner for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is Kewl, How will it work with shortened 1 1/2 inches? Wont it be longer than the piece underneath? Just curious! I have the Raw design LED turn signals under my fender. Will they still be usable?
Very interesting! I think shorter would look meaner for sure!!!

The metal fender support would need to be cut about 1", still working on that, but even if it does it won't stop you from putting the stock fender back on if required
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use your raw led,s As it's the same shape as stock, but vie never actualy seen them in the flesh, so I couldn't be 100%:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Still not sure weather to put the holes in, or let the customer do it to suit themselfs, some people my not want led,s and want to go with a alternative like a sidemount:dontknow:,
you could just slightly indent them like you do with the other fender. if they dont want them there they can basicly sand them away.

and this is great man!! good stuff; if i didnt have your other fender on my 9 id get this one to!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you could just slightly indent them like you do with the other fender. if they dont want them there they can basicly sand them away.

and this is great man!! good stuff; if i didnt have your other fender on my 9 id get this one to!!
If I carry on like this you could have a different fender for every day of the week, a bit like the wifes shoes:D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Awesome work Jem. That looks great!! I would have love to put that on my bike and then add the side mount plate so the 300 would show a lot more. :congrats:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts