M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now got in a new tighter mesh. The Chrome gives off a real good shine to it. I will only be offering this is Black and the Chrome that is shown below. I think it looks real good in the covers. It is still real strong. Not as strong as the standard mesh that I use but still stong. Still 100 times better than the cheap Home Depot gutter mesh. Figured I would post it to show you guys the choice you have now in mesh on the covers.

Len

·
Registered
367 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Awesome work, man:bow:. They are definitely in my list of short to mid-term mods. Keep up the good work and your prices low:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
77 Posts
i want them but i have a question do you use stock air filters are you buy other ones. I have seen people make plates and block off rear of filters but never seen actual element.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think you are the best for air mods! I'm considering a future purchase and I may be contacting you very soon. I think it is money well spent. Good job!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want them but i have a question do you use stock air filters are you buy other ones. I have seen people make plates and block off rear of filters but never seen actual element.
A lot of the guys, including myself, switch to K&N's. I did use stock air filters for a while. Either are fine to use. All depends on what you are after. If you just want the look of a custom set and are not worried about getting as much air as you can, the stock filters are fine. But if you are trying to feed the bike a lot more air, K&N's are the way to go.

·
Registered
960 Posts
A lot of the guys, including myself, switch to K&N's. I did use stock air filters for a while. Either are fine to use. All depends on what you are after. If you just want the look of a custom set and are not worried about getting as much air as you can, the stock filters are fine. But if you are trying to feed the bike a lot more air, K&N's are the way to go.
:agree: K&N's are the best low cost performance upgrade you can do, IMO. I am ordering my covers soon and I want the tighter mesh. it looks amazing!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
len, that new mesh looks great. i still tend to prefer the looks of the old mesh since it has bigger holes, but i really do like the look of the new stuff as well. a person couldn't go wrong with either style. awesome work.

btw, i really like the flame cutouts in the first picture. those things look awesome!!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
The new mesh looks a lot better than the old, but I wonder if it flows as well? Might be something to consider if someone is planning on blocking the rear inlet.

Looks great otherwise, I prefer it to the more open mesh for looks, especially on patterns that are not very open. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
How come every time I see a picture of these, it has some goober with a camera in the reflection in it? Can I get a set without the "goober"? :joke: :joke:

Don

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The hard part is to think of what to have you do, the options are endless.:super::bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts