M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your msf course and take it easy til you get used to the bike. That's a big, heavy, powerful bike to be starting out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:agree:and :welcome: you got a great bike :congrats: but as stated be careful.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ok so she's a heavy girl, no prob i'm far from small but does she lay over easy?? and another thing how do y'all downshift on her?? i mean all clutch, or ya clutch, throttle, ds. and do y'all counter-steer when ridding at speed?
The C is not the same as a M.
The C is heavier and doesn't handle as nice as the M, but I'm a smaller guy and the M seems smaller to me. The C doesn't lay over easy and with a highway bar installed picks up without even thinking about it.:dontknow:

What I should say is today is the first time my C109 as been on the highway bar. My wife laid her C 50 over trying to stop because a kid was just standing in the road holding on to his bicycle and not moving anywhere, he was just standing in the road on a blind corner. I'm in front and see him I tell my wife on the head set "KID IN THE ROAD". she slams on the brakes I'm looking in my mirror and see the back starting to come around on her then the front wheel starts woobing and down she goes. Skids for 20 feet and stops about 10 feet behind my bike. The kids is still standing in the middle of the road with deer in the head light look on his face. I pull over and get off my bike so fast I didn't get the kickstand down all the way so now my bike too is laying on the road but I'm more worried about my wife. I see she's OK pick her bike up and see the highway bar has done it's job. The right mirror, highway bar, right driving light and right saddle bag are in pretty bad shape but the wife only has minor road rash and a hip pointer. I'm sure she will be hurtin for the next couple of days but nothing like what it could've been. Thank you Lord!

Ok, so I get back to the C109 I just reach down and without even thinking about how heavy the bike is picked it up and then checked it out, It's Ok only the bar peg got moved out from where it was. Now at 170 and 5'8 this bike should've and most of the time would kick my butt but not when the adrenaline kicks in, up it came.

So Highway bars for me are a must. sorry for jackin on your thread bro.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like it a lot but it fogs up when there's a big temp change. I found out the hard way it isn't waterproof:verymad:
My speedo did the same thing after I changed to a webslinger face plate, it fogged up so bad it drove me crazy, then the wife says why don't you put one of those little silica gel packets inside the housing. Worked like magic for 2 years now. Hope this helps

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news, but that exactly how I got my bike. New rider on a big bike, totally the bike and I got it for a song and since I can turn a wrench I'm blessed to be able to fix it myself, that and the kids at the Vo-Tech school painted it for me.

C109 is a big heavy bike. They are a sweet ride but to be starting out with one of the heaviest bikes out there maybe isn't a real good idea. just sayin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.