M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

First of all, this is an amazing forum where newbies like me can get to know more about our steeds.

I need suggestions on which is the best oil for our C109 bikes. My 1st service is due in some time.

Kindly advise.

Nix

·
Registered
423 Posts
:welcome: and I use Rotella T6 in my M-9, many here are doing the same. Its actually marketed for industrial use, but is a great synthetic oil and is cheaper then the "consumer" performance oils.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Any decent motorcycle oil, 10W-40, should do. I have Bel-Ray in the bike right now. I've used that and Mobil V-Twin in my other bike. No problems so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for a quick response guys... So it means any good synthetic 10w-40 oil should suffice...

·
Registered
623 Posts
:welcome: and I use Rotella T6 in my M-9, many here are doing the same. Its actually marketed for industrial use, but is a great synthetic oil and is cheaper then the "consumer" performance oils.
:agree:I too use the rotella T6. I hate to use bad words but "Walmart":eek: has it for about 20.00 for the 5 qt bottle. :welcome:and :congrats: on the bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
:welcome: I am using Suzuki's boulevard branded V-Twin oil. I have been using it for quite some time and haven't had any problems from it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx for the feedback guys... i got my bike serviced today at the authorised suzuki service center.. they use a brand called YamahaLube 10w-50.
the ride was pretty smooth after the service.. lets see how long the smoothness lasts..
thanx again.
nix

·
Registered
415 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts