M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new C109RT owner as of November 09. I just made it to 600 miles and ready for my first service. Already dealt with oil perking. I advanced from a C50 to this beast, and I love it. My question to all you veteran 109 owners is..... It feels like I am lugging the engine all the time. Any crusing speed any gear and a slight turn of the throttle and it feels like its lugging. Even at 80 mph 5th gear the whole bike shutters and vibrates until speed is not increasing. The dealer says its just the characteristics of this bike. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.:dontknow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:congrats:I've put 3,000 miles on mine and does about the same. It likes to cruise around 80 plus but that's not always possible. When I can I'm going to add a Bully controller, pipes and intake system, some say this will help. It really doesn't bother me that much though, I like feeling the POWER!

2008 Black/Gray C109RT,Gman riser, OEM windshield bag,OEM luggage rack,OEM running lights, OEM chrome driveshaft cover, Cobra rear floor boards,Cobra Fatty Bar, Studded Desert Dawgs,Tank bib,Kurakyn hand grips with helmet locks, Kuryakyn highway pegs, Driver back rest, Drilled pipes, remounted the saddlebags closer to bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had mine for over 2 years and 8000 miles. I don't have this problem. I keep it pretty wound up in terms of rpms vs ground speed. Push the bike before you shift. You can easily go 60--70 in 4th gear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
revs

I've been on my C since November. It took me a month to figure out that this monster likes to roll through on a slightly higher RPM than my previous rides. I really notice it in gears 1-3. By the time I get to the top end it's pretty smooth. If I don't pay attention to the shifts down low I can get a pretty heavy "shudder" from the engine.
I'm thinking about investing in the bully controller from g-man if I can raise some cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts