M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new bike at the dealers shop and rode it home only to find the left side of the engine covered on oil, the rest of the bike me covered in oil and as i hit the driveway the red oil light came on. I ran into a rain storm on the way home and it loaded up and backfired doing 65 on the interstate, no warning at all.
As you can guess I am more that a little upset, so help me out if you have any suggestions.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Return it for a new one!

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Overfilled with oil wouldn't make the oil light come on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
had the same issue, about 10 miles away from the dealership I had to turn it around and take it back to get the oil level adjusted. luckily it wasn't filled up enough to puke oil out of the filter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called the dealer

And told him he needs to come and get it. Said he would but did not think there was anything he could do about the money I had already spent. Like license and taxes. Told him we would discuss as I feel this is his issue as much as it is mine. Dealer did not think Suzuki would help and I MIGHT be on my own to resolve.
Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Check your oil as in the owner's manual.. If it's OVERfilled, the dealer can drain the excess, clean your air box, and replace your air filters then detail your bike, and you'll be fine. If it's low, then it's not just the oil puking from overfilling. I've never heard of the oil light coming on from being overfilled, but since someone else had that happen, then I stand corrected and would guess you will be fine once they do the above...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Was the dipstick loose? Where was the oil coming from? I have had my 9 do the oil puke but it never got all over me. Now, if you run the bike with the dipstick out or loose it will blow oil everywhere. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
And told him he needs to come and get it. Said he would but did not think there was anything he could do about the money I had already spent. Like license and taxes. Told him we would discuss as I feel this is his issue as much as it is mine. Dealer did not think Suzuki would help and I MIGHT be on my own to resolve.
Any suggestions?
This is ALL his issue and he knows it. The paperwork probably hasn't even left the office yet. Did you write a check? Stop payment on it. Is this bike new or used? You have lots of options here.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Had an issue

I purchased an M90 last fall had major issues with Stealership disputed the claim with CC company and stopped a payment on check got ALL of my money back if you let him keep any of your cash you are a fool this is THEIR problem let THEM fix it.

"Said he would but did not think there was anything he could do about the money I had already spent. Like license and taxes"

This is a LOAD of BS

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here in Missouri we have a law we can return an item such as this three days after the sale no questions asked, or that is how I understand it. Never needed it but maybe you have something like that were you are from?:dontknow:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since you probably got a pretty good deal on the bike I would just have the dealer change the oil and make sure it is middle of the dipstick, not right at the top, replace the filters, and detail the bike. You will love the bike except the 2nd gear chunk, clutch shudder, and the fact that you aren't quite as fast as the M109.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts