M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time post, long time reader. I'm in the market of buying a new m109 and not having a ton of luck with the dealers. These are the OTD price I've been quoted so far:

08 Orange - 12k OTD
08 Orange - 12.2k OTD
08 Gray - 10.6k OTD
08 Yellow LE - 12.5k OTD
08 Orange - 13.5k OTD
09 White LE - 13.6k OTD

I've been browsing around for awhile now in the forums and from what people are buying them for, these seem high. Also the Gray one is the farthest away, so factoring in mileage, they come out pretty close. I'm willing to go almost any distance as long as the price is right, anyone know of any dealers that have any good deals? Mainly looking for orange.

Edit: All these listings are from cycletrader. Been browsing that site like crazy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought an 08 in Feb. of 08 and got it for 11,700 OTD
At the time based on the MSRP and the other prices I was getting in the area...I was happy with that price.
And :welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
44 Posts
New owner here

I just purchased mine across the state line on 04/10/10. Live in Illinois, no dealer (of the 3 around me) would go below 13,000 for a new '09. Westfield Yamaha / Suzuki out of Westfield, Indiana (http://www.westfieldsuzuki.com/) got me the Dark Cherry Red '09 for 11,999. Needless to say, I gave him my business.

Like you I was browsing cycletrader over the last year and a half before the wife gave the 'ok' and cycletrader is where I found Westfield.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Last September ('09), I bought an '08 LE for $10,700 OTD. The dealer wanted $12,200 (+tx, etc.).

I found the very same bike on eBay (listed by a dealer in MN) for $9,995 + shipping ($300). I used that as my baseline and they met the same price.

Try that...see if it works for you.

Good luck!

Chip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, decided to go with the one from Texas. It's coming out to 11.3k +tax.

Honeslty, I tried to use the low dealer quote I got for the one in West Virginia to talk some dealers down, but most said they would not "give there's away". The dealer I'm going with in Texas said it's sad at that price, cause last year I could have bought it for less :confused:.

9 hour drive there to get it tomorrow, then 9 hours trailering it back, then I'm sure I'll be riding all day Saturday.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,150 Posts
Glad you found one bro, and :welcome: to the forum. I bought mine at Romney Cycles, which is where you probably got your WV quote from. I bought it new in 07 for $10,400 OTD, and they have several new ones on the floor now for less than $10,000.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

Check out the links in my signature and hope to see you at the big meet in June.

Enjoy her and ride safe. :doorag:

Let the mods begin. :evil:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you try looking on Craig List? I saw a white & Red 08 model just the other day for $7000 both with 3000 miles. Was looking for a 9 for my cousin. I purchased mines off craig list last year in October for $5200 with 5100 miles. Bike had minor cosmetic damage but the mods is in progress, should be finished in May.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Well, decided to go with the one from Texas. It's coming out to 11.3k +tax.

Honeslty, I tried to use the low dealer quote I got for the one in West Virginia to talk some dealers down, but most said they would not "give there's away". The dealer I'm going with in Texas said it's sad at that price, cause last year I could have bought it for less :confused:.

9 hour drive there to get it tomorrow, then 9 hours trailering it back, then I'm sure I'll be riding all day Saturday.
:congrats: on finding one. all of the other places were outrageous with their pricing. an 08 can be found for less than 10K O-T-D very easily right now. dealers are hurting right now, don't let them lie to you and tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I know what you're talking about. I was looking at the 2009s but really didn't care much for the colors. Decided for the 08 orange. Called and called, emailed and emailed damn near every dealer two state range every direction.
Local dealer wanted 12K +. Told him 50 miles I can get it 10 OTD. They bit it. They had to go out of state to get me my orange bike. I got home from deployment 9 July. Two day's later I was riding that bad boy home.

Determination, determination, determination. Stick to what you want. You'll eventually find one to what you want or close to it.

It's sounding like 10K is the range you should not go over.

Good luck with the bike hunting. It's frustrating, when you get the one you want. you'll see it was all well woth it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts