M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently bought a 07 M109R. Thought it would be a good idea to join up since you gentlemen and ladies would be more knowledgeable than I about the M109R. Thanks for having me.

Regards, Robert

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
4,060 Posts
Does any one know how to take off the air filter cover and replace my old one looks terrible. 07 thanks
Welcome to the forum, Cheers!.. 🍻
Remove the plastic Chrome covers at the top of each of the Cylinders (2 on each side of the bike).
This will allow you to get to the hose clamp/screw that holds the air cleaner onto the rubber boot that feeds the Airbox. The covers just pull off straight towards you as your kneeled in front of the engine (there are no screws holding them). The left hand side of the bike is easy to pull the covers, however on the right hand side you need to unscrew the Rear Brake Fluid reservoir bracket and move it down out of the way to remove the right hand FRONT cover without scratching it. Once you have done this then just remove the 3 allen bolts in each of the air filters and the boxes will come right off.
In your profile you wrote about oil leak on the left side, it is due oil overfill. Find the solution through the "Search Comunity" window on the top of every page here... type in: "oil overfill"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much. I'm not that mechanical but will give it a try. Sure wish right side was the problem. As far as oil blowing by. I drained it overnight.and filled it with less but not dangerously less than it called for. It didn't matter at all after a couple long rides it was blowing out again. Just ran into a certified motorcycle mechanic. He said he has installed a catch basin on many 109s to stop problem. Not sure what I'm going to do. Sorry for asking but new to forum. Is a place available to list stuff. I have 2 brand new smoked quick connect wind screens with hardware. My 109 and wife's m90 that came with new screens removed day we bought them. Were both short and lowered bikes 2 inches. Hated looking through at night. Also did not like covering the racing stripe on front cowling. Sincerely

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
4,060 Posts
Thank you so much. I'm not that mechanical but will give it a try. Sure wish right side was the problem. As far as oil blowing by. I drained it overnight.and filled it with less but not dangerously less than it called for. It didn't matter at all after a couple long rides it was blowing out again. Just ran into a certified motorcycle mechanic. He said he has installed a catch basin on many 109s to stop problem. Not sure what I'm going to do. Sorry for asking but new to forum. Is a place available to list stuff. I have 2 brand new smoked quick connect wind screens with hardware. My 109 and wife's m90 that came with new screens removed day we bought them. Were both short and lowered bikes 2 inches. Hated looking through at night. Also did not like covering the racing stripe on front cowling. Sincerely
I presume you did clean the left filter cover from inside and changed the filter? If not, that could be the culprit even after you put in less oil. There is a forum here "For sale and want to buy", but to post there, you need to have at least 10 other posts allready.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts