M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my C109RT the first of apr. of course it is an 08 model. had a C50 for 6 months then traded up. the bike has 1000 miles on it now, and so far I love it. of course the first week I had it, ot was in the shop for a bad rectifier, and tomorrow I m taking it in, because when the bike is cold or has been sitting for a while a get a cladder in fourth and fifth gear. After I have been ridding for a while and everything warms up the cladder goes away. Other than that I like the way the bike handles.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats: and I hope you get your problems fixed. Enjoy riding it. :D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:congrats::welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel your pain. I was out for a cruise last weekend and suddenly my speedometer went to 0. About a half mile later the bike just quit. Got it to the shop and they say the bike is not charging the battery, so they are trying to figure out what is up. Sounds like probably a rectifier or regulator.

As far as the chattering in 4th and 5th, that seems pretty common on this bike. I have it and there's a bunch of other guys in the forum who have it as well. More then likely they will tell you that it's normal.

Other than that, I love the bike! I hope we're both up and running soon.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Just a thought but these bikes don't like to be run at lower rpm's in the higher gears. What rpm's are you running at in 4th and 5th. On the m109 4th will get you to 140mph. 5th is for some high speed crusing like maybe 60 plus mph. These wont do the low speed crusing like the long stroke low rpm bikes do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
talked to the dealer earlier they said there is nothing wrong with the bike. I guess I will have to put up with the chatter. I guess it is the nature of the beast. thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
engine chatter

They do chatter the 109's love the higher rpm's . It is the nature of the beast . It doesnt chatter as much if you run the rpms higher. 60 in 4th , 5th at 65 or 70 . Mine does the same chattering .

·
Registered
319 Posts
:congrats: & :welcome:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:welcome:Congrats on your mew C109RT. I bought mine about 6 months ago and love it. I moved up from a 1500 Intruder. Sorry to hear about your problem, hope it was just a fluke. This is a very good forum, I think you'll find it very helpful, this is a really good group!

2008 Black/Gray C109RT,Gman riser, OEM windshield bag,OEM luggage rack,OEM running lights, OEM chrome driveshaft cover, Cobra rear floor boards,Cobra Fatty Bar, Studded Desert Dawgs,Tank bib,Kurakyn hand grips with helmet locks, Kuryakyn highway pegs, Diver back rest, Drilled pipes, remounted the saddlebags closer to bike.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think a friend of mine actually has sex with his c. Welcome to the forum.. :welcome:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts