M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once I told my girlfriend that there were a handful of ladies that participated in the Mid Atlantic Meet it was on. She started looking for bikes on craigslist. Well we found one today a 1996 Yamaha Virago 535C with only 3500 miles on it. We picked it up and I drove it back home about 40 miles. I must have looked like a Circus Bear on bicycle. It is in very good shape and we only paid $1350 for it. Now I get to teach her how to ride yippie!

I added a link to some videos
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1627727218&v=app_2392950137#!/video/?id=1627727218

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she is already signed up she takes her class in two weeks. I am happy but a bit worried at the same time!:yikes:

·
Registered
571 Posts
My wife wanted me to teach her how to ride, and told her no way. She had to take a course. Anybody who has been riding for any length of time develops bad habits, and I didn't wnt to pass mine on to her. Get intercoms for your helmets, then you can back seat drive for her.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I thought I saw you on Kingshighway today. :joke: I'm sure you guys will have a blast riding together.

·
Registered
263 Posts
my wifes been asking me to teach her how to ride, i cant bring myself to do it. she's the type that walks in a 6 foot circle and gets distracted by something.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
do you know anyone with a dirt bike or scooter that she can drive around. they make learning the clutch and balance easier

·
Registered
268 Posts
:congrats: Thats AWESOME Ben!!!! Good for her! Girl Power!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
My lady just did the same thing, just spent $500 bucks on a Corbon back seat and rest. Head out on a ride with some friends (one of which was a girl), we were the only ones riding 2 up. We stop a few places, she keeps seeing more women on bikes....and poof, waste of a new Corbin seat. New bike in the garage a week later...

Kinda cool, but makes me nervous also...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i know how you felt riding that little thing home. i bought my ex a zuki gz250 and had to drive it from somewhere in mid-kentucky back home to asheville, nc. i got so pissed off trying to make it up hills that i stopped at a lowes and bought a flatbed trailer to finish the trip.

·
Registered
319 Posts
it looks so tiny next to a 9

1 - 20 of 60 Posts