M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this trailer up for taking the bikes with us. My wife favors short trips on the bikes in fair weather. It tows alot better than the Vnose which I use for my other hobby, R/C Aircraft. Almost not even noticed on the back of the toyota van. I also have the enclosed trailer setup for the bikes but it is a tight fit in a 6X10 Vnose.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
nice; i have been thinking about getting a trailer but not sure if i want a 6x10(12) vnose or one like this.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My main reason for the open trailer is cost of towing with a toyota van. I use the Vnose mainly for my planes, no weight in it. If you are carrying more than one bike in an enclosed trailer and you have a truck, get the 12 foot vnose because you need to stagger the bikes also look at a tandem axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Picked this trailer up for taking the bikes with us. My wife favors short trips on the bikes in fair weather. It tows alot better than the Vnose which I use for my other hobby, R/C Aircraft. Almost not even noticed on the back of the toyota van. I also have the enclosed trailer setup for the bikes but it is a tight fit in a 6X10 Vnose.
Way to go my friend! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nice Planes. Looks like a Sukhoi & either Edge 540 or Extra 300. I use to fly them. It was a blast. Most of mine were 60 size but I had a 1/3 scale Staudecker & a 1/4 scale Laser 200. That Laser was fast as heck. I had smoke on both of them. With Kids & work, I ran out of time. I still have 4 havging in garage. I think one day I will take them out & fly ( or crash )
Oh yeah nice color 9:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
My main reason for the open trailer is cost of towing with a toyota van. I use the Vnose mainly for my planes, no weight in it. If you are carrying more than one bike in an enclosed trailer and you have a truck, get the 12 foot vnose because you need to stagger the bikes also look at a tandem axle.
Nice :bigthumbsup:, those look like 40% ers. I am into R/C as well. Here is a picture of me hovering my 37% Yak 54

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Only about $4K. The good news is, when you do make a mistake and put it in the ground, usually everything is ok except for the airframe. That is only around $1K

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
we have a RC field about 1 mile from the house and you can see them zooming around. i never went down there and watched but i might. it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
great trailer. i am looking for one right now.. that one looks well built and super light.. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is made by Triton all aluminum about 390 lbs. Channels in the aluminum floor for tie down brackets. Very easy to load the bikes, my wifes m50 has a 3 inch lowering kit no problems with it scraping when loaded. There are quite few options, like stake sides made of aluminum for it. I have 2 condor wheel chalks mounted, that I can mount in either trailer.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
That is a nice trailer! I have a 6x10 v-nose and can get both my 109 and my wife's S50 in it, but it's a tight fit. Just barely enough room to stagger them. I've been thinking of getting one of the Kendon trailers for some of the shorter tows.

I used to fly RC too. Never got into more than the .60 size but lots of folks in my club had quarter scale planes. Awesome hobby but very nerve wracking. I still have several planes, 3 transmitters, 5 or 6 engines, and lots of spare parts. I think anyone that does RC has lots of spare parts. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts