M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before we put out a product we like to test it to make sure it's going to work well. To date we are getting the best hp numbers that I know of with the BigAir kit. Our last dyno run was 122.5 hp and 116.6 torque.
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/4720/1Picture.jpg

This was on the prototype BigAir. Since then it has been hogged out to lighten it up quite a bit and the intake has been opened up even more than the one I tested. I'm not sure if this is going to help the hp numbers come up but it sure can't hurt. :doorag: All the fasteners are hidden.

I think I have close to 5000 miles now with this air kit with zero problems. I have been in all sorts of weather and have not had any issues with rain at all. It still runs just as good in the rain.

We have a map for this setup now that "should" bring you close to the same numbers I'm getting with the map I'm running now.

15 of these kits are heading to DLP and from there they will be chromed or powder coated. The estimated cost of the kits will be $499.00 for the powder coated version and $569.00 for the chromed version. This all depends on the prices that we get back from the guys that are doing the finish work. The price includes both sides complete.

If you have any questions I'll answer them the best I can.

Here's what they look like in the raw. :doorag:

·
Registered
164 Posts
How much hp/torque do you think the air kit provided? I see your numbers but you have other mods on there as well.
Thanks,
E

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
:bigthumbsup: :a18: :doorag: Theres some HP laying there :bigthumbsup: :doorag: Nice machine work :bigthumbsup: Nice quality :bigthumbsup:

only thing I see they need is JR RACING logo :D
Custom face plates ::) think they would sell? :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bige said:
How much hp/torque do you think the air kit provided? I see your numbers but you have other mods on there as well.
Thanks,
E
With the same pipes and the stock airbox I got 113 hp and 108.6 ft. lbs or torque

·
Registered
106 Posts
can you post some pictures of it on the bike??

G

·
I am thinking of getting this mod and then going with the Power Commander, but my question is this: I really like the stock pipes and have no interest in going aftermarket on the pipes. Will I be defeating the whole purpose with out changing the pipes?? Could I keep my stock pipes and just drill them out to help things breathe better? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I think the price is fair, But I would rather pay someone for the JR exhaust first... Then add a PCIII, then get the big air for Christmas....
I am currently spending like mad (for me) and might do the PCII before the BBQ.

Sledzep

·
Registered
256 Posts
they look really good and apparently work really well too, ..performance wise..

(.. these cost more than the ol' budget will allow for this ol' workin guy...)

tc

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bruno said:
I am thinking of getting this mod and then going with the Power Commander, but my question is this: I really like the stock pipes and have no interest in going aftermarket on the pipes. Will I be defeating the whole purpose with out changing the pipes?? Could I keep my stock pipes and just drill them out to help things breathe better? Thanks in advance.
I didn't test it with stock pipes but it still should help a bunch. This bike needs to breath. :doorag:

·
Registered
721 Posts
TexasCruzer said:
they look really good and apparently work really well too, ..performance wise..

(.. these cost more than the ol' budget will allow for this ol' workin guy...)

tc
Glad I aint the only one LOL !! :joke: :redfaced:

What you think TC... We'll go with pure function as did JR (pre Big Air) :bigthumbsup:
Though I wish I could afford at least a little visual aesthetics to go with it :eek:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Glad I aint the only one LOL !! :joke: :redfaced:

What you think TC... We'll go with pure function as did JR (pre Big Air)Â :bigthumbsup:
Though I wish I could afford at least a little visual aesthetics to go with it  :eek:
lol...yeah, maybe we can find just the cover that looks like the big air kit for less bucks :joke:

... i aint saying this kit aint worth it..no not at all, it just those kinda bucks is beyond what i wanna spend on mods right now....maybe later though...

tc

·
Registered
721 Posts
TexasCruzer said:
lol...yeah, maybe we can find just the cover that looks like the big air kit for less bucks :joke:

... i aint saying this kit aint worth it..no not at all, it just those kinda bucks is beyond what i wanna spend on mods right now....maybe later though...

tc
Same here... :( ::)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts