M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some nylon throwover bags for those day trips to the beach. I am pretty happy with them. I think they are about as good as it gets as far as throwover bags go for the nine. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them from leatherup.com, they were around $125.00, i think they're called the "tourmaster cruiser lll x-large"

·
Registered
843 Posts
I know this may sound crazy but I have to ask:p I was thinking about buying some saddle bags for mines as well, but was wondering if you use them will it rub on your bike and mess your paint up?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do you have the side supports on. Just wondering because the right side bag looks awefully close to getting bounced in to the sidewall when you get on some bumpy roads.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
does anyone know about any good saddle bags that dont touch your paint?
You would need to get a set of quick release bags much like the suzuki soft or hard bags. Any bags that are connected to eachother via a yoke will most likely touch the paint in some way or another. Mine have resulted in slight wear through the clear coat after 2 years.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Those are the best looking soft bags I've seen on a 109. I looked at a lot of them and ended up going with hard bags, but I seldom have them on the bike.

does anyone know about any good saddle bags that dont touch your paint?
Check out LeatherLyke bags. Kind of expensive, but you can take them on and off in a mater of seconds. And they are lockable.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey post a pic with those on and the cowl instead of the passenger seat.

Oh yea been meaning to ask someone this...mine is lowered 2.75 how would that
effect those bags you have? Would they sit on the pipes?
Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
These are the ones that I have on my bike the Kurykin Grand Throwover bags. I really like them but recently on a longer trip, due to the weight of the bags they sagged low and started making contact with my tire rubber and now there is a huge hole burnt from the corner of my bag

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have the side supports on. Just wondering because the right side bag looks awefully close to getting bounced in to the sidewall when you get on some bumpy roads.
No side supports...you're right though about the bags hanging by the tire...I'll try to adjust them better before a trip.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RicoChet's bags are maybe the best throwovers for the nine but for as little as I will use them I liked the price of the ones that I bought...about half the cost of the kuryakyns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts