M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen this photo that Lamont posted yesterday and not realized what it was. Its the brand new baffle for Hal's pipes cause the ends of the pipes were cut off. Without it they had a loud drone at highway speed and they were loud at idle. Also had quite a bit of decel backfire if I didn't get the clutch released at the right moment.

Now this bike is almost as quiet as stock and any backfiring is gone. I am going to get in touch with the local dyno guy tomorrow and see if he can run the bike on his machine. The neat thing is that I can have the baffles out in a minute so we can do two different setups at the same time jjust to see how much of a difference it makes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blaise Cycle just off of I-95 at the Ives Dairy Exit. He is the best as far as I am concerned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
texas109 said:
great news Hal ...now how much :D
These were made for my pipes only as I needed a shorter baffle since about a foot of my exhaust is in Lamont's trash bin. I took a smaller diameter baffle that had a lot of back pressure and Lamont welded it inside about half of the stock Cobra baffle. Fits perfect and really sounds good. Not loud at idle.

Although one of our guys who rides a Gold Wing and helped put the baffles in said that it was still really loud compared to a Gold Wing. LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts