M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have been a member of M109Riders.com since march 2010 where I found this site and decided to buy my first cruiser, as I have just sold my CBR1000RR and since I can't really take advantage of that bike on the road.

After looking at a hell of a lot of different posts, i have big plans on what I am going to do to customise my bike when I pick it up in 5 days (fingers crossed)

My question is this...

Does anyone else know of any really good sites in Australia that there are aftermarket parts for the M109R?

Also I am really really keen on the BMS 2 into 2 chopper style exhaust but there seems to be a 3-4 month waiting list on it... Can anyone point me in the right direction of someone who has any of these exhausts in stock where i don't have to wait months to get them.

Thanks all and i really appreciate all the time everyone put into their posts. It has helped an M109R newbie like me a great deal

Cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome GTX

There doesn't seem to be any cheap parts for the 9 in Aus. I have bought from cruiser customising and some other US sites. Once you add in shipping it is always still much cheaper than buying at home.

enjoy

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
There are also a few other members in the U.S. Hink being one of them who have made the offer to 9 owners around the world that if there was something you wanted to let them know and you can order the stuff and have it sent to them (free shipping in the U.S.) then they will ship it to you and you could save some $$$ cause companies tend to gouge you in shipping prices.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree, cheaper to buy in the US, compare this aussie site zpower.com.au and cruisercustomising.com, I've bought from both.

Guv

Welcome GTX

There doesn't seem to be any cheap parts for the 9 in Aus. I have bought from cruiser customising and some other US sites. Once you add in shipping it is always still much cheaper than buying at home.

enjoy

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome to the family buddy.

Buying from the US has always been the cheaper and better option for me. Bigger range and mostly in stock.

The secret is if you ask the question, listen to the advice. There are some bad ass bikes both here and in OZ and these lads know where all the crap and rip off merchants are. The odd bad one hangs in here too!
So if your told don't deal with so and so. Don't do it.

There are some guys down your way that you can hook up with and ride.

I think the next big 109 meet is in Canberra early next year. Keep watching out for more details.

Have fun

Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome.

thanks guys a) for making me feel so welcome and b) for the advice. i know that there are some companies and brands that i will not deal with so i don't mind taking the time and looking elsewhere.

Thanks for all the help and assistance in helping a newbie owner like myself.. i know that once i start customising, it would have not only saved me time and money, but headaches as well

Cheers

8)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
:welcome: and an early :congrats: bro!

That last few days waiting is tough, but worth it. :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
A late :welcome: and an early :congrats:. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Check out the AUS chapter. There are a lot of great active members there.

Check out the Bang for the Bucks Mod link in my signature. I have also read that it is cheaper to buy stuff in the US and have it shipped there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So its now official, i have put a deposit on an m109r and should have it here in a few weeks as it is from another state (WA).

as soon as i get it i'll post some pics and then the mods begin.

:clap2::2excited:

·
Registered
179 Posts
So its now official, i have put a deposit on an m109r and should have it here in a few weeks as it is from another state (WA).

as soon as i get it i'll post some pics and then the mods begin.

:clap2::2excited:
:congrats::congrats: and :welcome:, Mate!:beer3:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome

:congrats: and :welcome: Make sure to post some pics when you get it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts