M109 Rider Forums banner

Which are you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is to my understanding that Arnott has changed it's design for the air ride for the M109. I have heard they have gone to plastic, from billet on the manifold.

My question is, the people who have the "new style", are you having issues with them. I am ready to pull the trigger, but have heard too many stories about people having issues with their new, cheap design, to order. Please tell me everything, good, and bad.

P.S. I am in the market to purchase the old style immediately. If you have one with the billet manifold, I will buy it today.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
P.S. I am in the market to purchase the old style immediately. If you have one with the billet manifold, I will buy it today.
Hmmmm.... i do need money right now to buy my supercharger :D...Nah... I'll keep it but i will keep an eye out for ya.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
It is to my understanding that Arnott has changed it's design for the air ride for the M109. I have heard they have gone to plastic, from billet on the manifold.

My question is, the people who have the "new style", are you having issues with them. I am ready to pull the trigger, but have heard too many stories about people having issues with their new, cheap design, to order. Please tell me everything, good, and bad.

I`ll be your gunipig buy me the new version and I`ll install it and let you know what I think of it!!:joke: Just trying to help Hink!!! Thats how I roll!!:joke:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
How new is the new one?

Mine is from last October.

Nothing plastic but the air hose.

So, I am guessing it is the 'old style'

No issues here.

Voted as if I have 'old'

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
When you do get one, I have a mounting tip you may want to look at.

I put my compressor under the left-side chrome engine covers, below the secondary drive and U-joint. The bleeder is mounted to my 'rectifier'??

There is more room under there than you would think.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you do get one, I have a mounting tip you may want to look at.

I put my compressor under the left-side chrome engine covers, below the secondary drive and U-joint. The bleeder is mounted to my 'rectifier'??

There is more room under there than you would think.
Thanks.:bigthumbsup: I won't buy one, unless it is the old style. I hate breaking when I'm 400 miles from home!:doh:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks.:bigthumbsup: I won't buy one, unless it is the old style. I hate breaking when I'm 400 miles from home!:doh:
At least with the Arnott you can still get home as the bump stop will keep you from bottoming out.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
At least with the Arnott you can still get home as the bump stop will keep you from bottoming out.:dontknow:
The Kewl Metal will do that too, as long as you have stock bones on it. Mine popped an air line off once and I didn't want to drop the pan along the road to fix it, so I rode it home like that. It made me decide right then to never buy a hardtail.

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts