M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I posted some pics in the mod section, but today was a beautiful day and I managed to get some outside pics.

C-One

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man those chargers look good! The consensus on the board is they don't perform as well as the big-air but you gotta like Em

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barakus,

Thanks,

I agree they don't perform as well as the Bir Air, but you can however; improve there performance by sealing the air box. I noticed when I first started the bike it didn't idle like the ram air kit I had. The sealing strips that come with DLP adapter plates don't seal the OEM box well enough. I went to Lowe's and got some automotive PVC sealing strips and completly sealed the air box on the outside and around the adapter plates. I also used PVC silicon as added sealing ability. Now the bike idles and runs like the ram air kit I had. I also ordered K&N filters to replace the look alikes and I should be on par with the big air kit.

C-One

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cormierone said:
Barakus,

Thanks,

I agree they don't perform as well as the Bir Air, but you can however; improve there performance by sealing the air box. I noticed when I first started the bike it didn't idle like the ram air kit I had. The sealing strips that come with DLP adapter plates don't seal the OEM box well enough. I went to Lowe's and got some automotive PVC sealing strips and completly sealed the air box on the outside and around the adapter plates. I also used PVC silicon as added sealing ability. Now the bike idles and runs like the ram air kit I had. I also ordered K&N filters to replace the look alikes and I should be on par with the big air kit.

C-One
I also think once you put on some pipes (if you plan to) and re-tune the difference will not even be noticeable unless of course your into the numbers more then your into the look,feel and fun of the bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:doorag: I'm not really into numbers, the bike stock gave me what I was looking for. I just wanted it to breathe better, I have the JSD-3M and the cobra FI2000 and I'm satisfied with the performance and now the look of the intakes. I'm going to have the wheels chromed and have some graphics painted and clear coated and I'm set. I like the look of the stock pipes and haven't seen anything yet; although I like the mods some of the guys (JR)  have done with the car mufflers. I want to keep the set valve in place if I were to do an exhaust mod. :super:

C-One

1 - 5 of 5 Posts