M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up the Proto's and they help :D

The final product will have a better fit and finish.
Big Joe.

You can go to 2 " if you re-rout the cables behind the trees.

G

·
Re: New 1" Pull Back Riser Adaptors

very cool, I'll definitely be getting some and upgrading to some better brake lines, etc

·
Registered
302 Posts

I like.

Any way to fill in the half-circle of the original risers? It seems that would complete the adaptation and make the job look more finished.

Like I said, I like it and it's not my intention to sound critical. Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I know the throttle cables are very tight even when you just lower the bars. How are the cables with the adapters.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

xvtxer said:
I know the throttle cables are very tight even when you just lower the bars. How are the cables with the adapters.
I put the Throttle cables behind the risers for the extra reach, every thing else worked out fine.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

NastyBoy said:
I like.

Any way to fill in the half-circle of the original risers? It seems that would complete the adaptation and make the job look more finished.

Like I said, I like it and it's not my intention to sound critical. Just thought I'd ask.
That is how the production parts will be made but I think I will make a chrome tub with caps on each end to hold my registration and insurance card and maybe a CIGAR. :D
Big Joe.

·
Registered
169 Posts

How much and where do I send the check?

They look great! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts

Same here. give a shout when you got 'em ready. I want badly :)

·
Registered
231 Posts

Nice Prototype -
:bigthumbsup:
  • How about a couple pics showing the overall bike from the front and side, and maybe a level or plumb bob to show the line of where the bars would be before?
  • Can you build in a flare in the bottom to fill in the notch?
  • Have you turned the wheel all the way to the left (and right especially) and made sure there is no impingement on the cable operation?

·
Registered
142 Posts

I wish I had the talent, skill and ability to create things like you guys do. My admiration and compliments.

mania

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

sjnoble2 said:
How much and where do I send the check?

They look great! :bigthumbsup:
Looks like 3 to 4 weeks so keep an eye on the HDL store.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

emvanderpol said:
Count me in for a set. Do you have a 2" riser?
We are putting together a New Brakeline & Throttle Cable set so we can go 2" pull back.
We are also almost finished with our new Risers.
Here is a shot of them.

Big Joe.

G

·

Big Joe,
THose risers are Awesome. Those will work on a 109? They look like they fit 1" bars. Was wondering if they would adapt to all the little doo dads that the 109 has. Very very cool looking. If not those risers are a must have with the cables of course.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Big Joe said:
We are putting together a New Brakeline & Throttle Cable set so we can go 2" pull back.
We are also almost finished with our new Risers.
Here is a shot of them.

Big Joe.
This is pretty cool looking Big Joe. I was wondering on the other riser, can you make an insert for the curve where the old handle bar used to be? Just dont like that half hole! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts