M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went on a poker run today. Mixed group of bikes, about 300 or so. At each stop, I would park my bike in a high traffic area, and 1 by 1 watch them walk down a line of bikes and lock up at mine. Any of you done this? I sit about 20 ft. away and just watch, they stop, stare, point and circle, they can't help it. And I have to be honest, I never get tired of it. :drool: I guess I should add that my bike was the only 109 there

Life is good

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There is a group meeting next Saturday here in Florida and we're going to a hot spot in Sarasota called St. Armands Circle. The place is used often for exotic cars expo. I've seen other bikers there but never a "9ers" group. I'll let you guys know (pictures as well) about the result... Can't wait!:hot::hot::hot:
The other day a Harley's rider was trying to catch up with me at a traffic light and I was not expecting his reaction...
He told me: "Son, some tire you have on your bike!"
Like you brother, I can't get over our bikes! Everywhere I go I get compliments. I used to get on my M90 as well but nothing like the 9.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Defintely gives you a good feeling that you have the sweetest bike and everyone falls over themselves to figure out what it is. lol Makes you laugh huh?:doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I had the same thing happen today, but with a smaller group. We had about 40 bikes on a memorial ride, and whenever we stopped there would be 3 or 4 looking at it. Or some just stood a distance a way and discussed it. Most of the groups had HD's and most were trying to figure out what it was. :D

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:congrats: on getting the looks. and NO, i never get tired of it. i love that feeling as well. i am sure that those NOS bottles draw attention as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have owned 6 bikes and never got the looks that this bike does.Pure eye candy.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:congrats: on getting the looks. and NO, i never get tired of it. i love that feeling as well. i am sure that those NOS bottles draw attention as well. :bigthumbsup:
People can't help themselves, its kind of an unwritten law that you don't touch another mans bike... I'll bet there are 20 or more sets of finger prints on those nos bottles. :dontknow:

·
Registered
198 Posts
:agree: Fan appreciation seems to be one of the routine side affects of owning an M109. The thing that continues to amaze me is the lack of control I have over the S*** eating grin that creeps across my face whenever I catch people stareing and pointing at my bike. I try to stay cool, but I just can't help myself.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:agree: Fan appreciation seems to be one of the routine side affects of owning an M109. The thing that continues to amaze me is the lack of control I have over the S*** eating grin that creeps across my face whenever I catch people stareing and pointing at my bike. I try to stay cool, but I just can't help myself.
I have that same problem. Thats a hell of problem to huh

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i pull up, get off, and walk across the street as soon as possible then watch people. ive got a file on my computer of pictures of people taking pictures of mine:D. i just sit there and watch facial expressions and read lips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts