M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have trouble gearing through neutral either gearing up or down? Had my 109 for a little over a week and I get stuck in neutral and really have to reef on the shifter to get it through either way. Anyone else have this problem?

Leoo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep,
You will find that most of us have had that problem as well as a loud clunk while going into second. If you search the forums you will find that most of us use the "double clutch" method to get out of neutral.
Mine has gotten easier with a little ride time and some clutch lever adjustment. I will also be switching to a synth oil on my 600 mile service as i read this may help smooth the shifting.

In the mean time, welcome and enjoy the new "personality" of the 109. :bigthumbsup:

jaeme

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have not experienced this with my 109.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you hold the clutch in long enough for the trans. internals to stop rotating, chances are better it WONT go into gear than will!! Just dip the clutch lever enough to get the trans. cluster moving again and it will drop into gear without balking. :doorag:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I had more issues before the first service and the noise to get it to second was quiet bad, I thought it was just me not shifting really fast and it seems if you do shift faster it's not as bad.

As in problem with Neutral, I do find at times it's stuck and I do have to double clutch and then it does go into gear no problem, also at times when you try to shift into second it stays in neutral.... I was told by the dealer that this problem is common and it would be find after a couple of thousand miles, it does seem to be better now that I am at 1500 or so

Have fun with the rocket !!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm nearly to 7K and am still occasionally sticking in neutral.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do have the same problem getting to neutral , all the shifting very noiseand mine has 2000 miles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also occassionally have this problem, and as suggested when it occurrs just double clutch. I am finding that it happens less and less as my milage increases! The loud click from first to second also on occassion, but I also just look at it as character of the bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts