M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expecting bones today or tommorrow for my first mod. So I'm nervously going to start taking my patient apart using canadians instructions. Wish me luck!:tools:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Expecting bones today or tommorrow for my first mod. So I'm nervously going to start taking my patient apart using canadians instructions. Wish me luck!:tools:
It's an OK mod and fairly easy to do, A bike jack reallyyyyyy helps a lot. Step by step, you will do it., There is a picture how to, here........http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100957

And yes,, a must mod for the 9,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an OK mod and fairly easy to do, A bike jack reallyyyyyy helps a lot. Step by step, you will do it., There is a picture how to, here........http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100957

And yes,, a must mod for the 9,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I just got the bones off. Man the first bolt that holds the schock was tough to come off because of the pressure from the schock. almost stripped the bolt coming off. Hope I can put it back in. Anyway waiting eagerly for Mr. Postman. :drool:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I just got the bones off. Man the first bolt that holds the schock was tough to come off because of the pressure from the schock. almost stripped the bolt coming off. Hope I can put it back in. Anyway waiting eagerly for Mr. Postman. :drool:
When you get to putting it back together, If you have it on a bike jack, using a small floor jack or a piece of wood, you can lift the back tire where needed to align the shock hole for the bolt. Makes it real easy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I have the bike strapped into the main jack, then I have my other bike jack under the front wheel, and then the regular car jack under the rear wheel. Looks crazy. but it's working.:eek:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
yeah I have the bike strapped into the main jack, then I have my other bike jack under the front wheel, and then the regular car jack under the rear wheel. Looks crazy. but it's working.:eek:
Perfect. better safe then sorry..........

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Finally the bones came in today about 2 weeks later but they're in and it looks good. But now I'm having second thought about the long list of mods I have. I kinda like the natural look of the nine so I may tone down the mods and give it a conservative but still hot look. Maybe a custom paint, chrome wheels, and small chrome mods like mirrors grips etc. It's not the funds, I was watching a barrett jackson auction and noticed that cars were worth more when in their original condition. Who knows it may be that way for the nine someday:dontknow:

·
Registered
838 Posts
congrats on the bones. I never realized how much better the bike looked lowered until I did it and saw before and after pics of my bike. I did the 2" bones.
I'm not hard on the turns like alot on here. When I do scrape, I get a little smirk and chuckle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was dying to check out the ride but it's raining. Waited for Mr. UPS all day like a kid waiting for santa. He shows up at 630. Told him next time make me his first stop. He laughed.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I was dying to check out the ride but it's raining. Waited for Mr. UPS all day like a kid waiting for santa. He shows up at 630. Told him next time make me his first stop. He laughed.
LOL These hotrod bikes have changed us, back to a kid in a candy store, Congrats on getting the bones in. I love the look and ride..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When I was waiting for my rims to be delivered, I missed the UPS guy. I rode around the neighborhood until I found him.:D

Glad you got the bones installed. Looks totally different, doesn't it?:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
..as you know there's no turning back when you start with the modding...:evil:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I was waiting for my rims to be delivered, I missed the UPS guy. I rode around the neighborhood until I found him.:D

Glad you got the bones installed. Looks totally different, doesn't it?:bigthumbsup:
Too funny. I think would have done the same or waited for him back at the depot. Yeah and it looks great. I'm about to jump on it now and check out the ride!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
..as you know there's no turning back when you start with the modding...:evil:
Your right! but I will try to control my self. That is until I hook up with some of you then I Think I'll lose it :eek:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts