M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found out that some of the negative post to this site are by people that don't own or never will own a M109R. They are just pi$$ed because they spent their money on something else that will not perform with this bike. This is my 13th bike that I have owned since 1961 and I have NO PROBLEMS at all with anything concerning this bike. Every bike is different and has little quirks so just let everyone that owns one of these beast exchange ideas and all that don't own one or know anything about this bike go back to your website for your favorite bike!! :cus:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well...I don't own an M109R, but I don't feel I've made any negative posts to this site or about the M109R.

I'm just trying to make new friends of the M109R riders before I eventually buy one :bigthumbsup: and I feel that I can continue to contribute to the community as much as anybody that owns one....well, okay, not THAT much as I have no experience with one, but I do have riding experience and some of the questions asked are general in nature that I can offer 2 cents about.

Y'all may not want to associate with me once I get one anyways, as I'll probably turn it into a bagger. :eek:

I think in about 3 years, I'll have enough vacation saved up to make a couple cross-country trips...and can't think of a reason not to use an M109R for the trips....but I'll have to have storage on it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This wasn't pointing fingers at you or anyone. I just made the comment that SOME of the people making reviews don't own one or never will. You seem to be just interested in the comments by owners. Ride safe and if you buy one you will not be dissappointed. :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yup...but you have to remember also, there will be trolls on every website.

Some sites may have considered me a troll....but in my defense, I will always speak my opinion, even if it's against the grain.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Even some of us who own 109's have some "negatives" about the bike! If you're looking for perfection it won't be found on any web sight to include this one. There is always a positive to a negative....Shared knowledge from riders provides a broad perspective to everyone, even though we don't have to agree with everyone, there is a very sacred right we are exercising " Freedom of Speech".....the 109 doesn't make us special compared to other bike owners, maybe a bit more happy but that's the only difference. Trying to exclude those who don't agree with you is like living you life as a "light bulb".....your in a vacuum!!!
Just my humble opinion ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like to group up with different riders. Seeing different bikes and different features of the bikes, can make great conversations. Plus, allows you to open your mind to different view points. Don't get me wrong, I prefer my M109 over any other bike, but sure would be nice to drive a Goldwing or a custom. To those who are close minded and have the attitude that no matter what you say or have, you are wrong; I rather not be around that type of person.
With forums, it's hard to have just a General MC group. Most of us come on here to get information, which Dealers "just love that"... As well, meet people with common interest, join and create events. Once the "My bike is better than yours" is out of the picture, you can have some really good times... But on the other hand, it's nice to own the King of Kruisers! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
One of the main reasons I'm here,,is to get feedback and help with the little quirks of the bike being a first year run.....mostly my stealers are the ones who let me down ,,not the bike...I'll fix whatever I need..fixin... :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been reading threads on this site on and off for awhile but haven't posted. I don't have an M109 and it's been a few bikes ago since I owned a '93 1400. I was happy enough with the 1400 that when I was shopping again I really had the desire to be in the front line for the M109. Sorry, but since everyone has both an opinion and an a$$hole, and neither will have much influence on anyone else, I was disappointed in the styling. I've been trying to let it grow on me but it hasn't worked yet.

I still can appreciate the engine which is raved about in every report I've read. I did go with the big Victory TC cruiser for the present bike but if I can swing a second ride in the future it may well be the M109 instead of the Bandit or other "nekkid" bike I've considered.
I've been riding bikes since the late fifties and am 62 years old. Maybe this influences the lack of appreciation for the more modern styling of the M109, but I enjoy all boards and try to separate the boneheads from the riders and get what I can from any thread I follow.

I spend more time on the Victory boards of course, and probably won't post here often, but I really appreciate all the good, informative posts on here, and thank the moderators for the opportunity to share this board.

G

·
Nothing negative here about Victory motorcycles. They are way above average for quality and are a damn good looking bike. Good luck in your choice. I am sure no matter what brand or style you purchase, you will be happy.

Luck,

oldfart

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well heck, since this topic is on a roll i`d like to put my 2 cents in.

I don`t own a m109r but I have a real big thing that I don`t and will
never like about the 109 until this changes. :(

And its simply this: I don´t own a 109! :mad: that it, thanks ;) ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the reason I posted this to start with. I own 4 bikes myself. A Harley Road King, Harley ElectraGlide, a 1977 Honda 750 SS F2, and my M109. I like them all and like most people that ride on 2 wheels. I love my 109 but my favorite bike since 1961 is my 1977 Honda 750 SS F2. What a bike for the time. It was a 12.58 quarter bike in it's day and probably will be close to that now. Ride safe and ride like everyone that drives crates is trying to kill you!!

G

·
I don`t own a m109r but I have a real big thing that I don`t and will
never like about the 109 until this changes.
Yea, some folks just can't get used to the headlight nacelle. I like it now, but hated it at first...and it's not gonna change any time soon.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
chadrob30 said:
Yea, some folks just can't get used to the headlight nacelle. I like it now, but hated it at first...and it's not gonna change any time soon.
You forgot the rest of his post, he was saying that he just WANTS A 109!!!

Animal said:
Well heck, since this topic is on a roll i`d like to put my 2 cents in.

I don`t own a m109r but I have a real big thing that I don`t and will
never like about the 109 until this changes. :(

And its simply this: I don´t own a 109! :mad: that it, thanks ;) ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey JR one cool thing about Victory is they will gladly let u test ride any of there bikes. My last bike was a Road King and i rode a Victory Kingpin......made me realize just how slow my Harley was :mad:

Go ride you one , theyre not bad for a NORMAL ! Cruiser. Just dont compare it to the 109. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Since it is Saturday morning at 11Z:39am and I've already had a few beers because Im kinda lame today I am going to say this. Take a Harley and put it next to the M109R. Look at the quality of the chrome plating, amount of plastic parts, ergonomics, styling, workmanship and layout and honestly tell me you would rather be riding a Harley.........NOT.........I'm sorry but ZI would rather have a dependable, mosty vibration free machine than sit around in a bar and say "wow I own a Harley". They are nice but I didnt just save alot of money on my car insurance....I bought a Suzuki M109R and I like my choice. Time for another round...JOHN

GROUP HUG.. I just love this website and Suzuki. JOHN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts