M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranked up my 07 w/7000 on her today and all was well. Drove about three miles to fill her up. She acted like she didn't want to start. After it started if would not idle, it would just cut off. Cranked her again and managed to keep her running long enough to get her back home. She seemed to "run" fine, just would not idle without cutting off. I am in hopes the "BIKE FAIRIES" will stop by my garage tonight and fix her for me. Anyone had this happen or have any clues on a diagnosis:dontknow:

Thanks for any and all responses:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
:agree::agree:
Fuel Filter

·
Registered
342 Posts
did u start it before it cycled . disconnect ground for min . then reconnect. let cycle. then start.try that first. that filter:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
WONT STAY STARTED

Have you removed the tank lately. If so please check the wires in the 4 wire plug. One of those wires took me for ride about a month ago and just needed to push the wire back into the wire harness. When I pulled the tank liffed it up to far and pulled the wire out and it ran for a little while and then just died. These machines are mechanical marvels and rarely does anything serious go wrong with them if you take care of them. check the wires first. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know how but it's fixed

Thanks for everyones input. When I crandked her this morning, she did not rev as high as normal when first cranked, and then it died again. I removed the speedo and lifted the tank. Looked at and wiggled all the wires and nothing looked out of place or not connected. Put her back together and she runs and idols fine now. Go figure!!!! I don't know how many times that something has not worked correctly and after taking it apart and putting it back together everything works fine. I guess maybe it was a short in a wire of maybe just a glob of crap in the filter that passed. All I care about is my "baby" is running good again. Maybe it was just her "time of the month":dontknow:

Thanks again and "enjoy the ride"

·
Registered
434 Posts
WIRES

Check those wires, look at the front of the plug to see of the metal part makes it to the front of the plug. It may be just pulled back from the front of the plug and it may still just have enough conection to do what it needs to do until you hit that bump.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine did exactly this today. I went and wiggled the wires under the speedo housing ,started it and fine. I did have my tank off to do LED's a couple weeks ago and was taking pix just now and moving the handle bars a lot..so I prolly need to check my wiring connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts