M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! My M109 Actuator Assy, Exhaust control has gotten where it works only sporadically. (if I take a hammer and hit it, I can get it to start up again.) When it stops my F1 light start to show up. I was hoping that perhaps someone here on this site has had a similar problem and found a workaround/bypass of some sort to it (so that I wouldn't have to spend the money to purchase a new one.) The price is outrageous.

Or even if someone know where I can find one that isn't very expensive.

I would be very grateful for any and all assistance that I can get.

Thank You In advance,

T. Perry

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Help!! My M109 Actuator Assy, Exhaust control has gotten where it works only sporadically. (if I take a hammer and hit it, I can get it to start up again.) When it stops my F1 light start to show up. I was hoping that perhaps someone here on this site has had a similar problem and found a workaround/bypass of some sort to it (so that I wouldn't have to spend the money to purchase a new one.) The price is outrageous.

Thank You In advance,

T. Perry
Here ya go
http://www.mym109r.com/howtos/m109-disable_set.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to disable the Actuator from the f1 light

What would the difference be to remove the light from the f1? What I am looking for is a way to disable the actuator so it doesn't trigger the light. I would still like the light to do its job for all the other items.

Thanks for the suggestion.

T. Perry

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
What would the difference be to remove the light from the f1? What I am looking for is a way to disable the actuator so it doesn't trigger the light. I would still like the light to do its job for all the other items.

Thanks for the suggestion.

T. Perry
That's what that article does. It does not disable the light. It disables the feed that causes the particular code that triggers the light.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,949 Posts
If you still have the actuator on and the exhaust is stock, just disconnect the cables from it then pull the wire in the link that Bernie gave you. The SET valve, the piece the actuator moves, is spring loaded to stay open. If you have an aftermarket exhaust and the actuator is working with a dummy cam on it, pull the wire and remove the actuator completely. Actually, you can remove it if you disconnect it on a stock exhaust too.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Well if you remove the wire you don't need the servo buddy so I'd say yes.
:agree: Or, if you don't want to disconnect the wire, plug it in and let it eat!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I was having trouble with mine and just removed it after you remove the cables the set door will be in the open position then remove the wire all the other codes will work just as the other have been saying

·
Registered
5 Posts
actuator trouble

Thank You In advance,

T. Perry
I Have the same thing going on with my 06 9,did you disconnect cables, I'm scared to, don't want to mess any thing up, running stock pipes with scorpion tips, thanks ub.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here other M109r with problems with the exhaust control at 10.000 miles. I bought the servo buddy, and I retired the exhaust control, and all ok! Without light and without problems!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts