M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:edit: :edit: :edit: NEED to Replace Front Fork Seals @ 3300 miles :edit: :edit: :edit:

Just got back from a Dealer Service... said the seals are "blown".... i said WTF... i drive it hard.. but not off road... and to top it off... NOT a warranty item......"Wear and Tear item..."Need to get approval from Zuki to fix for free"... i repeat "WTF"...

comments PLEASE...mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
walker said:
at 12000-15000 miles, yeah, wear and tear maybe. at 3300 miles, i would hope they would fix it.
my point exactly..the service writer...said it will take a week to get an answer from Zuki....what a crock....!!!... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ppridgen1 said:
crap happens and it sounds like your dealer may wanna double dip.....ie get you to pay and get suzy's buck too!I'd watch 'em close
:doorag:
yeah thanks.... if i get a NO from the dealer... i will take it up with Zuki next..... they won't get away with it for long.... :cop: :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have wondered about these since I got mine back in May, just seems like there is not much in the way of protection for them and they are in the right location to take on some road debris. :dontknow:

·
Registered
446 Posts
My suggestion.....call Zuki even though the dealer says they are. I did and that is what got my bike fixed. I had big issues. Had to have rear jug replaced and dealer was lagging on it. They didn't want to do it. When I got Suzuki on their tails it was amazing how quick stuff happened. Because I was basically the first to have the issue I did, Suzuki is all about making me happy at this point. It was made worth my while.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hess said:
Your dealer is full of crap! All Kaw and suz dealers are able to take care of ANY warrt problem without approval of Suz up to 500.00 anything after that they have to call on. Your dealer may need to be reminded of this and asked how much your business means to him.
:bigthumbsup:

FWIW... i really DON"T like this writer..... i had a GREAT one at this dealer... but he went to a sister store (not Zuki)... the reason I go to this shop...other than this is where i bought it... is the tech who works on my bike REALLY takes good care of it... we have each other cell#'s... so i can ALLWAYS get in touch with him if needed... just have to wait for the parts to come in... i am sure this writer is just sandbagging... I know more about his job than i have let on.... i am just playing along till we get it fixed.... my concern with this post has more to do with the short life of the seals... and that they are NOT part of the BASIC WAR...what's with this???? another poster...said he got 900 miles on his first set..... not a good sign.... mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE :D... called Zuki customer Service this AM... Rep Dan... took GREAT care of me :bigthumbsup:... agreed whole heartedly... should not have failed this early ::)... says... it's a dealer "call" to fix for free :evil: :evil: :evil: ... he followed up in the afternoon :doorag:.. had spoken with my Service Writer :evil: :evil: :evil:... "He claimed during his conversation with Dan".. going to fix it anyway :pop: :pop: :pop:...first i had heard of this "commitment" :dontknow: :dontknow:... anyway... parts on order... to bring it in for repair when parts arrive :hot: :hot: :hot:... mjm

·
Registered
207 Posts
aceventura said:
UPDATE :D... called Zuki customer Service this AM... Rep Dan... took GREAT care of me :bigthumbsup:... agreed whole heartedly... should not have failed this early ::)... says... it's a dealer "call" to fix for free :evil: :evil: :evil: ... he followed up in the afternoon :doorag:.. had spoken with my Service Writer :evil: :evil: :evil:... "He claimed during his conversation with Dan".. going to fix it anyway :pop: :pop: :pop:...first i had heard of this "commitment" :dontknow: :dontknow:... anyway... parts on order... to bring it in for repair when parts arrive :hot: :hot: :hot:... mjm
Dude,who is your dealer???I asked you once before and you didn't reply.What are there in this valley 3 or 4 Zuk dealers?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dan Tanna said:
Dude,who is your dealer???I asked you once before and you didn't reply.What are there in this valley 3 or 4 Zuk dealers?
sorry "Dan"... i missed that ????... they are ALL owned by the same folks the Honda and Kaw on rancho.. the Yam on Sahara...the Zuki on Bolder and Flamingo.... and the Zuki/Yam on Craig...Carter Motorsports.... Got mine at Las Vegas Motorsports.....

What do you think about this BS ???...mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's thursday...still no call from the service writer...... this is a test i know i could call him.. but i'm sure they must be mining the metal and drilling for oil to make the parts....... :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

·
Registered
642 Posts
aceventura said:
it's thursday...still no call from the service writer...... this is a test i know i could call him.. but i'm sure they must be mining the metal and drilling for oil to make the parts....... :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
Hang in there Ace :( it does stink they failed so soon hopefully it's an isolated incident.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
booda said:
Hang in there Ace :( it does stink they failed so soon hopefully it's an isolated incident.
i'm kool.. just that is :edit: how the service depts treat us... not good biz practice... and i just wanted to share for the amusment factor...mjm

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mine bought and serviced at Carter Powersports on Tropicana.
A guy named Mike Duke sold it to my wife and son.
Young dude named Kurtis Kunz serviced mine.No problems and no issues on my end.But I ride a whole lot less than you or my son. When I was younger I rode everyday and as long as I could.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dan Tanna said:
Mine bought and serviced at Carter Powersports on Tropicana.
A guy named Mike Duke sold it to my wife and son.
Young dude named Kurtis Kunz serviced mine.No problems and no issues on my end.But I ride a whole lot less than you or my son. When I was younger I rode everyday and as long as I could.
Same Dealer Group... if not for my tech... i would move on.....I am not riding as much as i was last summer... i've been too bizzy "changing" the las vegas skyline....mjm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts