M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you may have purchased a side mount kit. I went ahead and fabricated my own, blood sweat tears and a little welding too :). But I cannot seem to find where everyone has found those bolts that attach to the axle nut. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount it... So please I have searched for an hour on the forum and I need some help. Thanks!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Its not a bolt. You use 3/8" or 5/8" all-thread and go all the way through the axel with a nut and lock washers on both ends. Thats how I did mine anyway.

I have recently switched to Gregg's sidemount which mounts differently.

Hope that helps a little!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any solution is a good one. thanks for the help. guess ill try that for now unless I here of something better. Any ideas on how to cap the all thread so its not visibly ugly

·
Registered
70 Posts
you can use the hole above the axle on the left side. just remove the cap bolt. there's nothing behind it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just mounted my Shayne mount tonight. It was dones just as Packer Backer stated.

My only worry is for when I need to get the thing off. The lock nut on the exhaust side and it is threaded on about 1/2 and inch down the all-thread. If I ever need to get that thing off it will be a serious P.I.A., but I will cross that bridge when it come.

Check out Shayne's page, he has a How-To,
http://shaynem109sideplate.com/index_files/Page4421.htm

:cop:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts