M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to discover the cause of the FI light for some, where others are not experiencing it. I need someone with a stock bike to go underneath the exhaust at the SET valve area and locate the two plugs (one flat white one & one triangle shaped black one) that run into the Set valve on the exhaust and unplug both. Then place your keys in the ignition with the ignition switch off ( the big red rocker on the handle bars) turn the key forward to the run position. Check to see if u get the light, then turn the ignition rocker on the handle bars to the run position and look again. After that then finally start the big for a few seconds and monitor then come right back and report it please......Thanks so much in advance.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man 13 people have looked at this and no one has 5 minutes to share of there time. This will not hurt anything on your bike. I just need to see if unplugging them alone are tripping the FI light or if its something else.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, there are two plugs right behind or near the chrome cover that has a little metal wire hanger that extends over to a screw towards the front of the bike. Just above the top pipe.

Can someone also tell me if when you turn your ignition switch on and the rocker swith to run do you get a FI light.

The reason for these questions are that I have reset the computer several times and after hooking everything back up I have NO FI light, with the key forward but the rocker off.. When I then push the rocker to the run position I shortly after that get the FI light which is telling me something electrical is triggering and not a lack of back pressure at this point. But to confirm this is why I need someone else to do the first asked question. Thanks again.....Brad

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brad,
Yes the light comes on when they are unplugged.... as soon as the fuel pump cycles and it runs its checks the light comes on....... no the light does not come on when you turn the key on and let it sit

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RIDEHARD, thank you very much :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:.... This is what I hope'd / expected you would say. Now the question is why are some people reporting that with their SET unhooked they are not getting the FI light. After you hooked it back up did the light go back off?

·
Registered
93 Posts
yes it went off.... i think they are unhooking it manually, not electronically.... i think one plug is an actuator and the other is a sensor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts