M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Auto Meter tach, got it from another member on the forum. I am having trouble getting it working. I have installed several tachs in cars, trucks and boats. I spoke with the tech support at Auto Meter, they say that only the pro cycle tachs work on V-twins. The memeber that had the tach had it on a V-twin and it worked fine. Anyone else using the Auto Meter 5" tach that isn't a pro cycle version, please help. I have been told that the green with black stripe wire is the tach signal. Any help would be great. Send a message or an email ([email protected]) Thanks again

Dave

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
By chance have you contacted the member you got it from for install help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I did, that was the first step, along with tech support. He had is on a Kawasaki V-twin, not the 9. He said it was working fine. Just wanted to make sure I have the correct wire for the tach signal.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have an Auto Meter tach, got it from another member on the forum. I am having trouble getting it working. I have installed several tachs in cars, trucks and boats. I spoke with the tech support at Auto Meter, they say that only the pro cycle tachs work on V-twins. The memeber that had the tach had it on a V-twin and it worked fine. Anyone else using the Auto Meter 5" tach that isn't a pro cycle version, please help. I have been told that the green with black stripe wire is the tach signal. Any help would be great. Send a message or an email ([email protected]) Thanks again

Dave
Where is the green/black wire come from? Don't see it in the schematic. Looks to me like it would be the orange/white wire from the coils:dontknow:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dave, I'm kinda noticing a trend with you and wires. It don't work LOL
Remember the horn??? :joke:
Hope you're able to figure it out. Would like to see that mounted when I get home.
Whenever the F_ _ K that is

·
Registered
433 Posts
The tach signal wire from the tach is black/yellow, then it gose through the connector and becomes black/green.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Where is the green/black wire come from? Don't see it in the schematic. Looks to me like it would be the orange/white wire from the coils:dontknow:
Orange/white is power for coils.

Pretty much all orange wires stripe or not are power on with key.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dave, I'm kinda noticing a trend with you and wires. It don't work LOL
Remember the horn??? :joke:
Hope you're able to figure it out. Would like to see that mounted when I get home.
Whenever the F_ _ K that is
Yeah right!!!! Daytona, all I got to say8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts