M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 6'8" tall, so I bought the RAW design forward controls and they work great for me. The problem I am having is that when I lean over in curves, the bottom of the control bracket and the head of the bolt are the first things to scrape. I was thinking of putting a bigger washer under the bolt, but how else can i protect the bottom of my controls? Any ideas:dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
378 Posts
mann bro you make that bike look small..lol

Man if I look like that on mine Dammmm I'm tall like you....lol the hell with forward controls we need the frame stretched.....lol :eek:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Put a 160/60VR18 Metzeler on the front. You'll scrape the ends of the pegs instead of the brackets. Been there, done that.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Bigger tires, yeah

Put a 160/60VR18 Metzeler on the front. You'll scrape the ends of the pegs instead of the brackets. Been there, done that.

-Josh
Good idea, also you can raise the front 1/4 inch by lowering the forks in the clamps. Just loosen the clamp bolts on the upper and lower trees (up on a jack of course), and slide the tubes down. There's only so much raised flat area on the tubes, so you're limited how far you can go. My tube cover tops are level with the top triple clamp.
PS, also make sure your tires are aired up, I run 42-44 psi in both.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Man if I look like that on mine Dammmm I'm tall like you....lol the hell with forward controls we need the frame stretched.....lol :eek:
I feel your guys pain, I'm 6'7". they just dont make stuff to fit guys over about 6'2". As for the dragging problem the taller front tire will probably be your best bet. Or maybe you will be the first one to invest in a lift-kit for a 9?? :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just a little thought, havent had the forks apart on mine yet but you may be able to shim the front springs a bit to give you a bit more preload on the front, will make the front a bit stiffer and may give you some clearance. Don't now for sure, just an idea.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I am 6'8" tall, so I bought the RAW design forward controls and they work great for me. The problem I am having is that when I lean over in curves, the bottom of the control bracket and the head of the bolt are the first things to scrape. I was thinking of putting a bigger washer under the bolt, but how else can i protect the bottom of my controls? Any ideas:dontknow::dontknow:
Would these new prototype forward controls work better for you?http://www.justm109r.com/new-m109r-product-ideas/12-new-forward-controls-under-development.html

I don't have any FC on my bike but when I've pushed it too fast in the tight twisties I've scraped the bottom of that bolt as well. Honestly for me that told me I was running the bike faster than it was capable of so I had to scale my speed/aggressiveness back down. Not really sure what else to tell you. Bottom line this bike can only be leaned over so far.....at the end of the day it's still a cruiser, not a sport bike.

Put a 160/60VR18 Metzeler on the front. You'll scrape the ends of the pegs instead of the brackets.
:agree:....This might help some as well.

the hell with forward controls we need the frame stretched.....lol :eek:
:a20: .........my cousin's husband is 6'-6" and he's the little one in his family. Got two older brothers, one is 6'-8" and the other is 6'-11-1/2". Those guys have to duck to just enter a doorway. :eek: Some big dudes!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I lowered my bike 1.75". I got them from customdynamics.com. I will put the Dunlop Roadsmart 160 on the front and adjust my forks as recommended. I am just trying to get everything ready for this season and I don't want to be worrying about ruining my controls at the MEET. :D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts