M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, As some of you know I have undertook a huge off season mod project. Part of that was install of Kury LED FRONT signal light. I bought the duel filament lights so that I could maintain the running light. Well, install went well and lights worked perfectly, UNTIL I started the bike up. When the motor is running the Running lights go off and blink on and off. Directionals work fine.

Lights are wired correctly and load EQ is on directionals. Directionals flash properly as well. Called Kury and they were 0 help. He told me to switch the wires which I did even though I knew he was wrong. That made the problem worse.

Wired it back correctly per directions here and still work perfectly with the key in on position but start her up and running lights go out and start to flash. Bought a resistor to introduce into the running lights wire. Have not tried it yet but was wondering if anyone here has any ideas. Search and read every topic on it and found nothing. Anyone got something I can try?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray, that sounds like a grounding issue.

Here's one thread on it.
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70653

Lamon't how-to may help:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69011

If I find something else I'll post back, but that first thread looks like the same issue you're having. And I've seen it mentioned on here before.
Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. I read those post over and over but have come up dry. I tried grounding to a bolt and finally I ran the grounds to the ground wires off the factory harness. Still no good. Seems like I am getting power bleeding back to the lights and causing them to flash when they should be on full time. Everything is wired right according to my test light. I'm going to try and introduce a diode into the green running light wire. Signals are working perfectly as well. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Man, I wish I could help you . My buddy hooked mine up just this past weekend and everything worked fine except,one of the brand new LED bulbs that came with the signals didn't work at all. I know nothing about electrical,but he sure made it look easy.
Hope you figure it out. My bike is still apart,so if you want me to look at something,I can.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i had something like this happen to me on my gzxr while back. check for voltage on the starter/alt housing. i had a bushing inturnally go bad which was allowing voltage to bleed thru the case which inturn effects all your grounds. Was suprised I thought it would of been a shorted. but it was just arcing inside and not enough to blow a few but enough to where it took out my LED brake lites i had installed and shift lite had a faint glow. Hope im wrong. had to replace starter/alt.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I wish I could help you . My buddy hooked mine up just this past weekend and everything worked fine except,one of the brand new LED bulbs that came with the signals didn't work at all. I know nothing about electrical,but he sure made it look easy.
Hope you figure it out. My bike is still apart,so if you want me to look at something,I can.
Hey bro, If it's still apart could you just take a look and tell me which color wires from factory harness does he have running to the Kury LEDS and where he grounded them. I'm pretty sure according to my test light that they are wired correctly but who knows. Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Anybody got an idea how to fix this problem?
I just finally started my bike up today the first time since I got it and I'm having the same problem with the front signals. All good if the motor is not running,once I start it up the directionals are working fine,but the running lights are blinking on and off.
I have this part,wich I think it came with the signals ( Kury silver bullets),but we didnt install it,because everything worked fine,plus had no clue where it goes. Here is a pic of it.
If anybody got any ideas,I would appreciate the help.
Thanx

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Here is what I have for my front running lights and turn signals.

Dual Element Circuit for Flex part number 6122-00 this is for 60 LED's

You will need to order the correct one for your application

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c6.html&1 click on first row of LED's (picture) scroll down.

This is what I used to hook them up to my wiring harness. The flash rate was faster so I ordered a flasher unit from lights4all plugged it into the place where the stock flasher was and everything works GREAT. NO load equilizers.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is what I have for my front running lights and turn signals.

Dual Element Circuit for Flex part number 6122-00 this is for 60 LED's

You will need to order the correct one for your application
http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c6.html&1 click on first row of LED's (picture) scroll down.

This is what I used to hook them up to my wiring harness. The flash rate was faster so I ordered a flasher unit from lights4all plugged it into the place where the stock flasher was and everything works GREAT. NO load equilizers.
Thanks for the info. I actually ordered the dual element from the above company 2 weeks ago. They finally arrived yesterday and after pulling it all apart again, I still have the same problem. Called Kurakyn again today and they were absolutely no help at all. Tech said, "yeah we know about the problem. It's an issue with the 109 and we're looking into it". I said, "thats funny you guys told me that last month too, how's the solution coming along. Well, I got a sorry and you know you can run them just as signals too. Wow, no kidding guy. I didn't need to spend a 125.00 for lights that don't function as advertised. So, my search for the fix goes on.

By the way your bike looks great.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
this probly doesn`t help any but i have Flatz on the front I have as run signal and i have no issues at all i got the little wire resistor diod wires to splice in and they work great I have not installed a load equalizer though have you tried to take out the equalizer and see if that works!!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this probly doesn`t help any but i have Flatz on the front I have as run signal and i have no issues at all i got the little wire resistor diod wires to splice in and they work great I have not installed a load equalizer though have you tried to take out the equalizer and see if that works!!
Yes, I tired just about every configuration I could think of. I now am going to try another part I just ordered from custom dynamics. If that doesn't work, I am going to go to halogen single filament lights and call it a day. Not ready to give up on it just yet. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It looks like a load equalizer, kury usually includes them in some of their products that need them....like LED turn signals, or LED tail lights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts