M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys .... 2008 109 looks like I need some help here with a problem!
Here is the issue...Last summers mod was drilling of the factory pipes Installing a Dynajet and adding a Tony Mod ..Bike ran great no issues
This year I install a Gipro and HK Sideburner..Now I ran the bike with the Gipro and stock exhaust and it ran fine..I removed the factory exhaust and install the sideburner fired it up and it sounded good .."loud but good"
The FI light came on which I expected ..I started it the next day and it ran rough farted burped a couple of times so I shut it down and found that I didnt diconnect the set valve. Today I removed the set valve left the battery disconnected for awhile ..reconnected everything and now I have a no start issue ..It rolls over fine burps abit but no start pulled the plugs look ok abit dark but not flooded...

Thanks Gas :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A few things to check and or try.

1.Do you do have fuel in the tank ? If so go to 2
2. Do you here the fuel pump cycle when the key is turned on ? If not make sure you are in Neutral and that the 10 amp fuel fuse is not blown.
If so go to 3
3. HARD start Procedure in your booklet calls for opening the throttle 1/8-1/4 turn while pressing the starter button.
4. You need to pull pin 29 from the ECM black wire with brown tracer and tape it off or you can just cut the wire and tape it off. This way the ECM will not look for the set valve and throw a code.

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
Check your power commander and see if the correct lights are coming on too. Other than that Robert covered all the things I can think of.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Robert and Zoom
Yes there is fuel and I did remove the Black with brown tracer also did the hard start with the throttle thats the only time it fires but wont start..I'll check the power commander today
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thanks Robert and Zoom
Yes there is fuel and I did remove the Black with brown tracer also did the hard start with the throttle thats the only time it fires but wont start..I'll check the power commander today
Thanks Guys
If it tries to fire when you hold the throttle open then you probably have a loose connection at the throttle position sensor.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Robert ..I'll check that next..I did use the special tool and no codes came up just C-00 so the CPU seems ok ..Quick question on the powercommander when you cycle power to it on the left side you have the bar lights when ready where should the lite bar be in the centre at zero or at the bottem?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Checked the wiring on the TPS looks ok...Battery getting low now will let it charge overnight and try again tomorrow.

Feel free to chime in if anyone thinks I'm missing something

Thanks Gas

·
Registered
445 Posts
Check where you connected the wire taps to the tps wires. The wire taps may have cut the factory tps wires clean through. I have seen this happen before with the same connectors.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree with dcstang...check the TPS wiring and connections. If you cross the connectors (they will go on the opposite way) the bike will be hard to start and bog or backfire. The TPS connectors are black and grey and connect up black to black and grey to grey. Also check to make sure the air box has all the hoses connected to their proper parts as MAP sensors (not sure what they call them on the bike, but are essentially the same) not connected will cause a rich fuel issue. There are two on the air box and connect individually to each throttle body. Oh, check the coil wires to ensure they are connected to the right cylinder (think distributor cap). Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts