M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I just purchased a 2010 m50 for my partner. The new m50s have a light cowl like our 90s. now the question is can anyone help with what sort of windscreen I can get for it . It would be most appreciated if someone can help out. Thanks in advance for your help.:p

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Hi Guys I just purchased a 2010 m50 for my partner. The new m50s have a light cowl like our 90s. now the question is can anyone help with what sort of windscreen I can get for it . It would be most appreciated if someone can help out. Thanks in advance for your help.:p
you would probably have to work that out for yourself me thinks, as there is a few different heights , and depending on how long your torso is or if you have a rubber neck the wind would hit you in the scone if you got lower positioned one.:dontknow:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be carefull

I had an M50 and tried 2 screens on it...a suzuki and another brand and they both produced helmet buffeting to the stage were I removed it. Decided to just shoot the breeze. I am 5'10. Just be carefull as you can spend alot of money and be worse off.:dontknow:???

·
Registered
743 Posts
i had the vstream which was crap now i have the rifle screen and lowers which is really good you could get one that fits the m90 and it more than likely fit the m50 i think the handle bars wouldnt be that different? your best bet would be have a look at the m90 and get some measurements how wide they are the rifle sits hard against the brake cylinder one mine but make sure you get the lowers too

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had the vstream which was crap now i have the rifle screen and lowers which is really good you could get one that fits the m90 and it more than likely fit the m50 i think the handle bars wouldnt be that different? your best bet would be have a look at the m90 and get some measurements how wide they are the rifle sits hard against the brake cylinder one mine but make sure you get the lowers too
Hi Gav how tall are you as my partner is only 5'6 I have the vstream on my 90 but I put foam at the bottom and I haven't got any probs with buffetting anymore but I would like to get something different but still sporty for her:p

·
Registered
743 Posts
i would be 6.1 and the v stream was allways buffeting i just could not stop it i tried everything now with the rifle at its max setting so im looking through the screen and no buffet and the missus has no buffeting either i love it just a pity that the bike looks heaps better without a screen so i only put it on when its cold or i have something big on.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would be 6.1 and the v stream was allways buffeting i just could not stop it i tried everything now with the rifle at its max setting so im looking through the screen and no buffet and the missus has no buffeting either i love it just a pity that the bike looks heaps better without a screen so i only put it on when its cold or i have something big on.
I agree about any windshield being on the bike as it takes away from the looks but we have some heavy duty locusts here in plague prportions so I NEED ONE AND SO DOES SHE! I will have a look at the rifle windscreen but I cant afford to waste money and I am not near anyone that sells bike screens so I am going to have to research heaps before getting one for her bike8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts