M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are going on a three weeks ride in the Maritimes (leaving July 16 from Quebec City).

We want to focus on Newfoundland / New Brunswick / Nova Scotia (already been several times on PEI).

In addition to the Cabot Trail, would you have recommendations for great spots / amazing rides / nice campgrounds by the ocean / especially welcoming B&B / ...

Also, any roads we should avoid? I am pulling a trailer, so I really hate long damaged roads (although, I know... the worst roads in Canada are in Quebec...)

Thanks in advance.

Will post best pictures.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Do the Cabot Trail. No ifs ands or buts. Do it, you will NOT be disappointed. I've lived in NB/NS virtually my whole life and was still amazed by it !
Safe travels and enjoy the ride. Lots to see and do in the Maritimes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My wife and I are going on a three weeks ride in the Maritimes (leaving July 16 from Quebec City).

We want to focus on Newfoundland / New Brunswick / Nova Scotia (already been several times on PEI).

In addition to the Cabot Trail, would you have recommendations for great spots / amazing rides / nice campgrounds by the ocean / especially welcoming B&B / ...

Also, any roads we should avoid? I am pulling a trailer, so I really hate long damaged roads (although, I know... the worst roads in Canada are in Quebec...)

Thanks in advance.

Will post best pictures.
You say you have been to the Island a few times, then you have travelled through the St John river valley. Did you stay on the highway all the way down to the Island ? If you did you missed some beautiful scenery and some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. When you get to Grand Falls NB get on the old #2 ( AKA TCH) Trans Canada Highway it is now the 130 and run it down to at least Fredericton. It's about a 2-2.5 hr run and this is one of my favorite runs. Since up until about 5 years ago it was the main highway through NB so the roads are still pretty good. If you have never stopped into Hartland to see the longest covered bridge in the world then that is a must stop, it is an awesome structure so make sure you drive through it. You can also walk through it safely. Hartland is about halfway through the run. Check it out you will not be disappointed.

Ok so here's the deal I will give you my cell # 506 -392-7415 and my home 506-276 -4472 if you need anything while you are travelling in my area or within a few hundred miles of my area lol do not be shy to call for help or directions. Hope you enjoy your trip and safe riding.

Pete

P.S- A few pics on this run.

IMG00192-20120607-1450 - Copy.jpg IMG00049-20110531-1843.jpg IMG00076-20110911-1457.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Do the Cabot Trail. No ifs ands or buts. Do it, you will NOT be disappointed. I've lived in NB/NS my whole life and was still amazed by it !
Safe travels and enjoy the ride. Lots to see and do in the Maritimes.
:agree:. I grow up in CapeBreton the Cabot Trail is awesome. I wish I had a chance to ride it on a bike. You will love it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nova Scotia

You should do the south shore of Nova Scotia , Leaving Halifax go to Peggys Cove and continue along the coast to Chester , Mahone Bay, Luenburg , and if u have time go right along the coast to Yarmouth , and up to Annapolis Valley , Have fun and enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts