M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone running a Pirelli Diablo rear? I knew my rear tire was getting worn, but today I found that the threads are starting to show. Local dealer wants $225 + $30 install for the Diablo. I normally would just order it from Motorcycle Superstore for $185 and find someone to mount it, but I'd like to get a new one right away.

Kinda looking at the Cobra too.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I run the Dunlap E3 250, I do not really like it, but I do not think you can beat it for the price, but i never get more than 5000 miles or so out of a rear tire, so the money difference is not worth it to me. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i ran a pirelli diablo last season. it handles well, but has a softer compound so it wears a lot faster. only had 3,000 miles on it and had to replace it. decided to go with a dunlop elite 3 250 for now. next tire will be a metz 260. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I run the Dunlap E3 250, I do not really like it, but I do not think you can beat it for the price, but i never get more than 5000 miles or so out of a rear tire, so the money difference is not worth it to me. just my 2 cents
Most of us are running the E3 250. Shocked that you get that low millage out of them. I go about 10k and then just replace it because it is running low on tread. I am sure I could push it to 12-14k.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of us are running the E3 250. Shocked that you get that low millage out of them. I go about 10k and then just replace it because it is running low on tread. I am sure I could push it to 12-14k.
After doing a little more research on here, you guys have me leaning toward the E3. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow to see what they want for one. Looks like online is $152.99.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
You could also call your local Victory dealer as they might have them in stock. That is if you need it right away.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
After doing a little more research on here, you guys have me leaning toward the E3. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow to see what they want for one. Looks like online is $152.99.
You can find them cheaper than that, then get DLP to price match it. I think I got mine for around $138.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have to agree i had 6,000 on my duny e3 and it still looked new but that dang screw did it in.Had the 250 e3 mounted and the 160 Metz at the same time WOW ride is great look is even better.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jake Wilson hasn't had the E3 for $139 for a month or so now the new and higher price is $152 and that is still about the best I found.

http://www.jakewilson.com/productDe...4&prodFamilyId=19447&listingId=&sizeAttr=5334
Do a Google search for Jake Wilson discount codes. I just ordered both the front and the rear a few weeks ago from them. I placed two separate orders, one for the front (along with a few other items) and one for the rear, each time using a $20 coupon code. That resulted in the rear tire price of $133, front $116. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Worked good, thanks guys.

If anyone else is looking for an E3, the coupon code JWCS20 worked a couple minutes ago for $20 off. 250/40/18 E3 for $132.99 from JakeWilson.com. I went for the 3 day shipping for an additional $6.62, since tires aren't included in they're free 3 day shipping due to size and weight.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Anyone running a Pirelli Diablo rear? I knew my rear tire was getting worn, but today I found that the threads are starting to show. Local dealer wants $225 + $30 install for the Diablo. I normally would just order it from Motorcycle Superstore for $185 and find someone to mount it, but I'd like to get a new one right away.

Kinda looking at the Cobra too.
The shinko 005 good stickey and round

1 - 16 of 16 Posts