M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not riding around burning out the tire. In fact, I'm much more conservative than many on this board. My tires actually still look like new. I was scheduled to take the bike in for the first service, but went out last night and it had a flat tire. I got looking at it further this morning and there are 3 screws in the back tire. Not 1, but 3!!!! I am not a happy camper. They are all about 2" apart.

So now I have to find a new tire to put on the back. If anyone has upgraded, and has a low-mileage tire for a good price, please let me know. I really hate to have to buy a brand new tire where this one only has 600 miles on it. :(

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hang in there. Some guys don't check every day. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
rideutah, email me, let me know what you would give for a tire with 800 miles, no burn outs no hard runs (i'm and old man), was thinking of getting a 280.

Dog Man

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey bro.. Does it look like someone intentionally put the screws in your tire? 3 at once that close together sounds... Fishy..

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I agree with DALTONH sounds like someone put the Screws to ya :D
Whats the chance of getting three screws two inches apart?

There's only a small area available from the rear,three screws two inches apart would fill it :confused:

Were the screws the same make?
Screwed in straight ?
Sounds fishy to me also :confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I thought I had bad luck with 1 screw after 600 miles :( I had a plug put in mine.....dealer said not to, want to sell me a new tire $235.00. I have over 600 miles on the plug....no prob at all. Still holden air to this day 8)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't believe it was intentional. I know I hit the edge of a sheet of MDF (board) that was on the freeway the other day, couldn't get around it. I'm guessing the screws were either from that or someone had a box of screws drop off a truck. I store the bike in my garage, so I don't think my wife's ex could have done it. :eek:

As for what I would pay, I'm not really sure. I was quite interested in the ones on the classifieds. I can order a new Dunlop Elite 3 for 120.99 + 15.00 shipping from motoxoutlet. They have the Avon Venom for $167.99. I would love to order from the site sponsor, DLP, but they are $20-40 more, and I can actually pick up the motoxoutlet ones locally.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I initially looked there as I wouldn't mind helping out the site sponsors. However, as mentioned in my previous post, motoxoutlet beats them by $20-40 on all of the tires that would fit this, and I can pick them up locally. Otherwise I would be all over buying from DLP. :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
Check with Hal...tell him what you want and you'll probably be in for a nice suprise. Not for sure but it can't hurt to ask :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
rideutah said:
I don't believe it was intentional. I know I hit the edge of a sheet of MDF (board) that was on the freeway the other day, couldn't get around it. I'm guessing the screws were either from that or someone had a box of screws drop off a truck. I store the bike in my garage, so I don't think my wife's ex could have done it. :eek:

As for what I would pay, I'm not really sure. I was quite interested in the ones on the classifieds. I can order a new Dunlop Elite 3 for 120.99 + 15.00 shipping from motoxoutlet. They have the Avon Venom for $167.99. I would love to order from the site sponsor, DLP, but they are $20-40 more, and I can actually pick up the motoxoutlet ones locally.
That's likely where ya got them then.. sounds a bit close for most construction, but then again.. I can't hammer a nail straight to save my arse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rideutah said:
I don't believe it was intentional. I know I hit the edge of a sheet of MDF (board) that was on the freeway the other day, couldn't get around it. I'm guessing the screws were either from that or someone had a box of screws drop off a truck. I store the bike in my garage, so I don't think my wife's ex could have done it. :eek:

Call Hal. He will beat any advertised price.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just called DLP a little while ago. Unfortunately the person I talked to seemed to know absolutely nothing about the 109, and very little about tires other than the numbers he sees in a book. I told him the tire sizes, Dunlops are on backorder due to the strike, I mentioned the Metzler and the Avon that is on the website. He looked them up under the stock size and I told him the Avon was a 250. He then proceeded to tell me that they have the 130/70r18 in stock. I repeated that this was the front tire, and I was looking for the 250. His reply was "oh", and put me on hold for another 5 minutes (this was already 15 minutes into the call.

Now the guy was trying, and I'm not here to bash DLP as I really like the idea of buying from someone that knows something about the bike I'm riding. Unfortunately, this employee didn't seem to know much at all.

I'm sure if I had talked to Hal in person, it would have been a different story as he knows this bike better than most of us will ever know it. However, he has a business to run and can't take every call that comes in. I wish the rest of you better luck.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Call again,you must have got a "new employee". You will get the right information next call! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts