M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a power commander and was wondering if anyone could help me out down loading a map and installing the pc3. I live in Monroeville but willing to drive to your location for your help. Thanks.
Kenny

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
I would be glad to help but I am in the Harrisburg area. If nobody else offers and you want to take a ride all the way out here this weekend I'll be around.
I'm sure someone closer will step up.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The PC should of already came with a map. Do you know which map is on it? Was it bought new or used?

At the bottom of this page is all the maps on line. We used to have a list of maps here but then some decided to try to sabotage others by putting phony maps on there, so now we all pay the price.

Read through and decide which one best fits your setup. Not sure if you can do it without being installed, but to check which one is on there plug it in to your computer with the PC Software installed when it loads it will tell you which map is installed. You can change it to whichever map you like at that point.
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=13&mdl=110&yr=2008

If it's the physical installation it's really not that hard. The worst part is making sure you have the correct plugs on the bike, which isn't that bad.

This is the only how to left on the forum from member leaving and being kick off. the second post does give the little tips that helps. The other had pictures and was done really nice. Sorry. I couldn't come up to Monroville for a while. There are a lot of guys that live in your area.:bigthumbsup:If no one get's with you just let me know and we'll work something out.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70194&highlight=Power+Commander

·
Registered
838 Posts
A little advise. in figure "E" you'll see the clips they supply you with. Toss them and solder the wires together.
This past weekend I had an issue to where my bike would not start. Got it towed home. researched and a member told me about these clips. I took them off and solderd the wires together. Started right up.
Just spend the little bit of extra time and money to do that. It's a hole helluva lot better than 6+ hours doing what I did this weekend.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
A little advise. in figure "E" you'll see the clips they supply you with. Toss them and solder the wires together.
This past weekend I had an issue to where my bike would not start. Got it toed home. researched and a member told me about these clips. I took them off and solderd the wires together. Started right up.
Just spend the little bit of extra time and money to do that. It's a hole helluva lot better than 6+ hours doing what I did this weeken.
That's the second thing I really need to do the next time my tank and air box is off.;):bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone around monroeville who needs something to do today you can feel free to give me a call and drop by to help me out. I have a mess here. Pipes are off(trying to get them back on), I need a power commander hooked up too. Oh yeah did I mention I have alot of beer????
814-659-1600
Kenny

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help Gino and Ken!!!!! Now if we can just get that damn fi light to go out!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts