M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can tell me how to get my FI light off, and my trip meter to work again please let me know. So far all i have done to my bike is pipes which i cut the stock pipes at the converter and added a 3 in where it gos into 1. I also added a power commander3 usb. The bike runs great, but the light is still on. I ordered some air intakes from Xtreme Revolutions and the idle plug which will be here any day. I don't think thats going to make the FI light go out , but i hope the bike does better on the dyno. Please help!!!!

G

·
Full disclosure: I had to have help putting on my pc3 cause I'm a :joke: Thanks IT Guy

Did you get the wires correct as far as which ones went to jug one and two for the pc3 install?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Normally you pull the black wire, with brown stipe and green rings on the ECU..... I'lll check and see if this is the same for a 109

G

·
had the same issue when I put on the cobras the cam's plastic teeth where stripped because the dealer didn't know how to remove it properly (its in a search somewhere) Check out what Jeffw told you it fixed my issue. Also the pics on how to do this are posted as well

G

·
With all the problems I am now having with my bike (been at shop for about a month) and FI lights and ECU problems, why would anyone want to disconnect the FI light? Wouldn't it be better to find out what is causing it and fix it/fool it. Perry's block works. It took care of one of the reasons for my FI light.

·
Registered
514 Posts
toneout said:
With all the problems I am now having with my bike (been at shop for about a month) and FI lights and ECU problems, why would anyone want to disconnect the FI light? Wouldn't it be better to find out what is causing it and fix it/fool it. Perry's block works. It took care of one of the reasons for my FI light.
LIke I said above.... the ECU needs a wire pulled.......

The SET stuff can be taken care of by using a resistor.... you can pull the entire SET off of the bike (should you do a full system).

G

·
toneout said:
why would anyone want to disconnect the FI light? Wouldn't it be better to find out what is causing it and fix it/fool it. Perry's block works. It took care of one of the reasons for my FI light.
Nope, the computer is wrong and I'm right, there is nothing wrong with my bike and the computer doesn't have the intelligence to figure that out (its kind of like working with kids black/white no gray) So sometimes we have to teach it what’s bad and what’s not so bad. In my case I didn't need the part it was checking (so gray, it doesn't work but its not needed so who cares)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys, i have not had the chance to try this out. will do so soon. thanks for the info, and will let you know the turnout.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS JEFF, I got the FI light off. I just cut the blk/brown/green wire, now everthing is working like it should. i also added my intakes and PC2. I will let you know how it runs sooooooooon..

·
Registered
514 Posts
m109rv-rodeater said:
THANKS JEFF, I got the FI light off. I just cut the blk/brown/green wire, now everthing is working like it should. i also added my intakes and PC2. I will let you know how it runs sooooooooon..
Ohh, you can pull the wires from the ECU by pushing the pins on the side... the wires will come out of the harness reay easy, so you must be very careful.

I would prefer not to cut the wire, but for some it does not matter.

Glad I could help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts