M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok having a bit of hard time getting a bike for an Aussie and his wife to ride in Las Vegas and need some ideas...

Rider arrives at 5.45pm on Friday the 17th, which will be too late by the time he gets off the plane and can make it to the rental place.

We are planning to leave at 9am sharp the next morning for the ride and once again the rental shop only opens at 9am.

So what can I do to get this guy on a bike?

G

·
I used to manage a rental shop here in Reno and we would stay late or open early for people flying in. We even picked them up at the airport in our van. But I don't have any connections in Vegas. Try the shop that most of you are renting from and see if you can get them to step up. Sometimes, if you're using a travel agency to book your trip, they can help facilitate special needs. If you're trying to rent from eagle rider go through a local shop and see if they can arrange it for you. Search online for motorcycle rentals. There are lots of outfits out there and one of them might work with you. Maybe it could be rented in partnership with someone arriving earlier, (in both names) and pick it up for him before he gets there.

·
xxx
210 Posts
Rick, we should all arrive in town considerably earlier than that. If your buddy can get the paperwork to the company to satisfy their insurance needs etc, we should be able to pick the bike up for him (or her). We could ride it to the hotel if we have an extra licenced rider or just wait for your buddy to arrive once their flight gets in and the cavity search is over.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Rick, we should all arrive in town considerably earlier than that. If your buddy can get the paperwork to the company to satisfy their insurance needs etc, we should be able to pick the bike up for him (or her). We could ride it to the hotel if we have an extra licenced rider or just wait for your buddy to arrive once their flight gets in and the cavity search is over.
:yikes::eek::eek::eek:

hope you get this worked out sir. if i was going id get it for you.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Push the ride back to 10A.M. on Saturday, that will give him time to get the bike.

Let's not forget that we are on vacation and schedules can be moved and played with a bit to accommodate people.

Geez Rick, quit being so strict!!!! :D:D:D
that is a great idea sir! i was just worried about the cavity search......good luck bam bam...

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Push the ride back to 10A.M. on Saturday, that will give him time to get the bike.

Let's not forget that we are on vacation and schedules can be moved and played with a bit to accommodate people.

Geez Rick, quit being so strict!!!! :D:D:D
:agree:I'm in for moving it back an hour:bigthumbsup:
but if he can't get it within that hour HE'S ON HIS OWN!!!!:joke:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Why not just meet him at the rental shop at 9:30 then continue ride from there.
I'll be there on Friday so if he needs it driven back I help out. I basically won't know if I can rent one until a couple days before.:-\

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I just texted a friend in Vegas and asked if he might want to rent his out.
Also Collin is trucking from Oregon and we have room for another bike, that could open the possibilities

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My big concern with moving the ride back are;

HEAT... some of our northern breathern may MELT but rides end.

and returning my rental on time. But I can just pick the rental up an hour later on the Friday.

I will ask if the shop will open 1/2 an hour earlier as well.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I just don't get it. I mean this is Vegas, the town that never sleeps. :dontknow: I would think that someone will work with you. Not like they are renting all of there bikes in this economy. I hope that you get it all worked out.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just don't get it. I mean this is Vegas, the town that never sleeps. :dontknow: I would think that someone will work with you. Not like they are renting all of there bikes in this economy. I hope that you get it all worked out.
I question wether or not the economy is impacting Vegas much:dontknow:
people get there and say F**k it! go for broke.
i could be wrong, just a thought.

when it comes to entertainment, people are still spending $, for instance last month I went to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival here in ABQ. tickets ranged from $37 to (I think) somewhere around $90+.
16,000 people, SOLD OUT SHOW! :eek:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
I question wether or not the economy is impacting Vegas much:dontknow:
people get there and say F**k it! go for broke.
i could be wrong, just a thought.

when it comes to entertainment, people are still spending $, for instance last month I went to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival here in ABQ. tickets ranged from $37 to (I think) somewhere around $90+.
16,000 people, SOLD OUT SHOW! :eek:
My youngest son was there---Now I know why he cant pay me my 50 bucks back...:edit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts