M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am going to have my painter add some more detail on my bike. you guys have any ideas? I was thinking about have skulls airbrushed in the green with ghost paint. (not sure of the technical term)

Any opinions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
how about a matching theme like from your nacelle or tank for the front fender and radiator shroud? Then work in your airbrushing on the side covers and on the solid green sections.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
detail the silver tribals to look beveled or cracked like stone
I like this idea.

I say this because my personal opinion is that if you add much more to what's already been done it's gonna look too busy and just be too much. There's a fine line between it looking good and it being overdone IMO. Don't be one of those Hollywood types that can't stop going back & getting more plastic surgery all the time. :joke:

Personally I love skulls (when there done properly) but I wouldn't do any with what you already have done. Your bike looks good as is. Just enhance what you already have going like BlkM109r is suggesting.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I definetly like the idea of adding some cracked airbrushing to the tribal part.

On the skulls, I was going to have them ghosted, so you would only see them close up and in the sunlight, the airbrushing i had in mind was like the red background skulls on here.

I really like the tribal on here too. the guy who is doin the work painted this bike too.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well I do actually like the subtle red skulls on the top sides of this bikes rearend. I'll be curious to see how your bike turns out if you decide to go ahead and add to it.

There is no right or wrong. It's all subjective to each person's personal tastes anyways. :doorag:

I like that you went with green, because it's different and nobody really has that color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.