M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt have the time to get involved in installing the lowering bones, so i broke down and went to the dealer. Now I get a squeak that can be heard each and every time I put pressure on the seat and release it. Its driving me crazy. Brough it back to the dealer and had them fix it, in their words. Of course they fixed nothing and now its winter and the bike is parked. Any suggestions, as I am ready to takle this myslef at this point.

Cheers and thanks guys.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
If the bones are 1.5" their will be the needle bearing in them If more then 1.5" there will be no bearings and greasing either, PRIOR to installing them is important for the longevity and proper operation of the bones, And they shouldn't squeak if they were lubed prior to putting them in....... If need be, you can just take one bolt out at a time ., grease them and put back in, and move to the next, The main big bolt you will need to support the back tire to keep things lined up.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Mine does that too once in a while. I grease them up good and nothing binds, but once in a while even after you get off the seat you can hear a little squeak as the suspension adjusts.

It could be they tightened the lower mounting point of the bones down too much. They sit inside a box and the box is a little wider than the bones. For the stock bones it's fine as they have a bushing in them. But for most aftermarket bones the box can crush down and pinch the bones. I found it out when removing my lowering bones and replacing the stock bones and could hardly get the lowering bones out or the stock ones back in. I actually had to grind the bushing off a little to get the stock bones back on.

But long story short, ride it a little and it should wear in provided they greased them.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Mine does that too once in a while. I grease them up good and nothing binds, but once in a while even after you get off the seat you can hear a little squeak as the suspension adjusts.

It could be they tightened the lower mounting point of the bones down too much. They sit inside a box and the box is a little wider than the bones. For the stock bones it's fine as they have a bushing in them. But for most aftermarket bones the box can crush down and pinch the bones. I found it out when removing my lowering bones and replacing the stock bones and could hardly get the lowering bones out or the stock ones back in. I actually had to grind the bushing off a little to get the stock bones back on.

But long story short, ride it a little and it should wear in provided they greased them.
Exactly what I had to do putting in the new lowering bones. Could not get them to go in.......

G

·
I didnt have the time to get involved in installing the lowering bones, so i broke down and went to the dealer. Now I get a squeak that can be heard each and every time I put pressure on the seat and release it. Its driving me crazy. Brough it back to the dealer and had them fix it, in their words. Of course they fixed nothing and now its winter and the bike is parked. Any suggestions, as I am ready to takle this myslef at this point.

Cheers and thanks guys.
I get a squeak from the seat area, stock height, I think it's the latch.
:dontknow:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info.

Its very likely that they were never lubed. Easy enough to try that first and see if thats the fix.

Thanks for all of the replys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts