M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I ordered and installed a RoadBurner Exhaust and K&N Filters. (From what I read in the FAQ i dont need a fuel management right away correct this if i am wrong.) Now to the problem, while installing the new exhuast I removed the SET valve and pulled the Pin on the ECU. But my FI light is still on. Please help me figure this out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Alright I ordered and installed a RoadBurner Exhaust and K&N Filters. (From what I read in the FAQ i dont need a fuel management right away correct this if i am wrong.) Now to the problem, while installing the new exhuast I removed the SET valve and pulled the Pin on the ECU. But my FI light is still on. Please help me figure this out.
If you only do pipes you don't need fi controller but since you added the K&N filters It is a must do.Double check that you removed the wright pin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the pin and even reconnected it along with the SET valve(with new metal thing installed) and it still came on. So the light came on with the SET and without it, but it only comes on when you crank it up, if you just turn the key on the light is not on.

Can the filters and exhaust without fuel management be causing it?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I checked the pin and even reconnected it along with the SET valve(with new metal thing installed) and it still came on. So the light came on SET and without it, but it only comes on when you crank it up, if you just turn the key on the light is not on.

Can the filters and exhaust with fuel management be causing it?
I dont believe so make the pin you are removing is pin 7 this should disable the light check out hinks post in the how to run a search on disable

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read the post and I have removed the correct wire and I also used the "special tool" to find out what code the light is for and if I just turn the key on the code is C00 and no light if I crank it up I get code C26. I read the manual and can not find anything on how to find out what the problem is and the Code has nothing to do with the exhaust or filters.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Make sure you have the connectors on the ECU plugged back on firmly. If you miss seating a pin it could give you an error. If they went back on with very much difficulty you might check and see if all the pins are still solidly seated in the back of the connector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I have checked the ecu connecters and the coil wires and all are tight and in place. I then removed the K&Ns until I get a Fuel Management and still have the same light and same code C26. None of this started til I removed the stock exhaust and installed the new one. I have even reinstalled the Pin I removed again and it gave me a code of C46 and C26. I then removed the pin again and only code C26.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK Finally figured out the problem after a 3rd check of the ECU wires I found that one of the wires was pulled out just a little and causing a loose connection. I pushed the wire in with some needle nose pliers and everything is now good. That for all the help.:p

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Glad you found it bro. I mentioned checking those pins above because one of mine pushed out when I had it off installing an air ride. Never started it up, but since it went on kind of tight I checked it and sure enough one was pushed out the rear of the gray plug.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts