M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to install a badlands pro module the directions want you to locate the flasher i know what that is but can't seem to find it. the directions also ask if the flasher is part of the ecm box does anyone know if it is.a pic of the flasher would be great any help would also be great.installed raw design clear tube turn signals and they flash like crazy

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Believe it or not, the flasher is part of the kickstand relay. It's located in front of the battery box, if you look between it and the tank it's the square black box on the left. But follow albe's directions and you won't need to worry about it.

Instead of doing the load equalizers I used an electronic flasher. You can't remove the one you have, but you can wire around it. The electronic flasher works great as long as you have one set of regular bulbs in the system, but the LED's don't draw enough current for it to work if you do all 4 of them. I've read that some of them do, but the ones you buy at the local parts stores don't. I just did LED's on the rear so the flasher worked for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I swapped the flasher module as well with one I purchased from custom dynamics. They told me it worked with all LEDs or mix of both. I pulled the relay harness out the side of the bike (no much wiggle room) then popped the old relay wires out of the harness (brown and blue wires as shown). Next popped the wires for the new flasher relay out of the housing that comes with it and found that the existing pins from both connectors mate perfectly. (I attached blue to blue and brown to red)
After wiring, I reinstalled the old relay and harness then tie wrapped the new flasher module beside the old one.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ZOOM i figured you have some answer for me . thank you so much BARRMAN the pics are a big help will install friday night once again the help i get from guys on this forum is awsome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts