M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 2007 109. I have to stretch a bit to get to the front pegs and I'm on my toes when I stop. Is there anything I can do to get the bike a bit lower without messing it up? Is there a thinner seat I could get?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Lowering bones would be one thing. Or the air ride slam conversion that DirectLine sells. Also the standard gel seat I think moved me up a bit and gave me a tad bit better ground contact.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey Texas, you got any mustangs anyone is trying to get rid of? really looking for a roller but up for trades and whatever.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
You could get a custom seat made like I did. I had the same problem you had and I had a custom seat with back rest made for $400 by www.tobinseats.com

He does great work and has alot of different materials to choose from. I hope this helps :doorag:

·
Registered
371 Posts
kat here is what i did i lowered my bike about 3'' and i bought an electric knife from wal mart took off the seat cover and had my son draw out the out line of where i sit then i took the knife and started to cut off the foam a little at a time to make sure it still was comfortable and that i was able to reach the pegs and it turned out perfect. be sure to shape the seat with the knife and if you mess up use 3m spray to put the foam back and start over. be sure to put the seat back the way it came apart plastic and all. if this does not sound like something you can do then they also sell a seat that is cut for you i think it is called a full cut seat check out dlp

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Navy Guy said:
kat here is what i did i lowered my bike about 3'' and i bought an electric knife from wal mart took off the seat cover and had my son draw out the out line of where i sit then i took the knife and started to cut off the foam a little at a time to make sure it still was comfortable and that i was able to reach the pegs and it turned out perfect. be sure to shape the seat with the knife and if you mess up use 3m spray to put the foam back and start over. be sure to put the seat back the way it came apart plastic and all. if this does not sound like something you can do then they also sell a seat that is cut for you i think it is called a full cut seat check out dlp
I sat on BlkM109r's bike with the full cut sit, and it puts you back a little farther from the pegs. For tall guys like me it's nice cause it stretches your legs out a bit...
Dont think it will work for what this person is trying to do.

Lowering bones will bring you closer to the gnd so your not on your tip toes at the lights.

·
Registered
584 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
Let me start by saying :welcome:and then tell you your gonna love this bike !!! You simply need to try the search tab at the top on any subject before posting. If it is an issue or a question for the board ,it'll probably been have been asked before.
Lowering bones are popular either by jason z or from our site sponsor, Honda direct line, click the logo at the top of all pages to get to them !
Also another way to go ,and the route I went ,is the air ride kit......totally adjustable hieght.with a push of the switches you can raise it up for better cornering or lower it for that slammed look....It's made by kewl metel products and is worth every penny,here's a video of it in operationhttp://media.putfile.com/air-ride-operation
I think I just made the mistake of watching that video! Thanks man....now I'm thinking that I need this on my bike! haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts