M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this darn FI light is starting to bug me, I have'nt rode the big and Myrtle beach bike week is this weekend. I need some help figuring out what to do. I made a 2 into 1 exhaust and removed the SET valve, now what to I do about the FI light????

·
Registered
93 Posts
JUST HOOK THE UNIT BACK UP AND DON'T HOOK UP THE ACTUATOR IF IT SENSES IT IT WILL GO OFF.... WHO CARES IT IT DOES ANY THING

·
Registered
543 Posts
The light is telling you something is wrong.Not really just to the factory settings,which you did modify the pipes. I don't have a book,but there is away to determine what it means.It could mean ,a rich condition,or lean,or even cat is missing.Try taking the positive lead off and ground it,this should clear light.It may come back which means it is working correct.I think then you must get a finer tuner ,mabe Lamont's F1 will do it..good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, If I hook both plugs ( white flat & black triangle) back up I still cannot get rid of the light. Unhooking the battery does nothing to reset it either. As soon as I turn the rocker switch to the run position it triggers it. I just bought a TEKA that is here today and I will see if richening it up will help either... Thanks to those for their help :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
You guys must not be worried about maybe having to have warranty work done. You know Suzuki isn't going to back anything that has been altered with the engine or exhaust system. As with anything new, this new addition to the Boulevard line may come with recalls or problems that require warranty work. If modifications have been made they will not stand behind it. Mine is fast and loud enough for me. Maybe I don't have the extra change some of you have to pay for expensive work that "MAY" have to be done, Hopefully none will encounter this problem. Removing the rear license plate, putting on a side plate, changing the signals are one thing, but altering the engine or exhaust is another deal. My extended warranty means a lot to me and my bike. If you need it to be any faster than it is you might need to go back to a crotch rocket. No problem with it but just food for thought.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dbritton1963, I thank you for your opinion but what exactly does it have to do with the topic of the question? I do think if you are worried with what might happen you probably shouldn't touch anything, but there are people like myself who understand this bike as nothing more than a hunk of metal. I do my own work, I do not own a stock anything..I drive a 700hp Ford Supercrew everyday. Once again I do appreciate your opinion though all I really am looking for in the tech forum under a listing ( need help getting rid of the FI light) is help figuring out the FI light workings. Once I am done with this I can share with all the others who would like to have a new set of pipes on their bike how to bypass it. Who knows maybe one day you too will want one, and then you will know how to bypass yours......Thanks

On another note this is sort of a harsh message not entirely directed to you but more towards how easily topics get dragged down into some rants about who knows what......way far from the authors question.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Good reply there Wildracing22. I respect your opinion and I must have misunderstood you but thought you said you removed the SET valve. You own it and paid for it, no problem with what you want to do with it. I haven't had any problems with the FI light being on except when I get ready to start it. Everything on mine is functioning just as expected out of a Suzuki. By the way, I don't own any business but have been retired for 11 years. All I have is time to ride!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote ( all i have is time to ride) ,,,,Alright are you trying to make the rest of us jealous. I feel like I fight for time to ride :realmad: Either way thanks for reminding us that stuff does happen though. For my sake and alot of other members lets hope that Suzuki worked all the bugs out first.

·
Registered
73 Posts
:eek: My FI light is still on! lol But runs better then ever since I installed my FI-2000R fuel control box :). Way smoother running at lower speeds since I have a 2 into 1 exhaust,it really does work well. I was told by a tech at the dealer I just need my bike's system reset & it should clear the problem........ yeah right haha. I'll believe it when I see it, should happen tomorrow after work. He's sneaking out the tools to do that 4 me :bigthumbsup: The whole instalation took about 2 hours steady :redfaced: was sortof a bitch too :read: good luck doing it in less then an hour! lol I sure am glad they had a default setting to go back to & start over hehehe

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quicksilver, if they beat your light be sure to come back and tell me :bigthumbsup: I built a 2 into 1 and have a TEKA tuner, your'e right she comes alive...... :evil:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Quiksilver said:
:eek: My FI light is still on! lol But runs better then ever since I installed my FI-2000R fuel control box :). Way smoother running at lower speeds since I have a 2 into 1 exhaust,it really does work well. I was told by a tech at the dealer I just need my bike's system reset & it should clear the problem........ yeah right haha. I'll believe it when I see it, should happen tomorrow after work. He's sneaking out the tools to do that 4 me :bigthumbsup: The whole instalation took about 2 hours steady :redfaced: was sortof a bitch too :read: good luck doing it in less then an hour! lol I sure am glad they had a default setting to go back to & start over hehehe
What took two hours, the pipes or the FI2000 or both?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The custom exhaust took one day to finish & the FI-2000R took about 2 hours! :D But holy cows man............. it was worth it all in the end! I strongly recomend this Cobra unit even on a stock bike, it will help richin up that pesty lean surge that becomes worse with exhaust mods. I noticed it runs way smoother without popping & is way more predictable when you wana cruise slow around the park at 5 & 10 miles an hour. I would really like to test it on a Dyno machine to get the most out of the upper two pods, sorta gets scary test running on the highway among traffic forgetting to watch for cops! :eek: But I'm satisfied with the default settings ;) seems my gas mileage got better & won't know till I fill it again. Thanks Cobra Super Stars! now help me with that light & my heart will always shine for you.........hahaha :read: back to reading & laughing, I just love this forum!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Quicksilver,

Not to be a smartass here, but why did the Fi2000 install take 2 hours? Did you use your feet or what? I got mine in in around 15-20 minutes. Just curious, thanks.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Quiksilver said:
The custom exhaust took one day to finish & the FI-2000R took about 2 hours! :D But holy cows man............. it was worth it all in the end! I strongly recomend this Cobra unit even on a stock bike, it will help richin up that pesty lean surge that becomes worse with exhaust mods. I noticed it runs way smoother without popping & is way more predictable when you wana cruise slow around the park at 5 & 10 miles an hour. I would really like to test it on a Dyno machine to get the most out of the upper two pods, sorta gets scary test running on the highway among traffic forgetting to watch for cops! :eek: But I'm satisfied with the default settings ;) seems my gas mileage got better & won't know till I fill it again. Thanks Cobra Super Stars! now help me with that light & my heart will always shine for you.........hahaha :read: back to reading & laughing, I just love this forum!
I feel better now. I thought maybe you did everything in two hours. :eek: By the way I have step by step with pictures here. 8)
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=769.0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts