M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like there is a problem with gas leaks and coolant leaks on this bike. I , too, have been experiencing the same problem. I tightened up a loose coolant hose - - as suggested by others in this site, but am still getting the leak from elsewhere somewhere between the heads. It doesn't look like its coming from the rear of the hose? Any suggestions? As to the gas leak......if it sits for several days and then I start , gas leaks down the left side of the bike. Not sure where its coming from. After it leaks a little it then stops and wont occur again until it sits. Has anyone else experienced the same problems and found a permanent solution for both problems? Please help

·
Registered
98 Posts
missile109 said:
It seems like there is a problem with gas leaks and coolant leaks on this bike. I , too, have been experiencing the same problem. I tightened up a loose coolant hose - - as suggested by others in this site, but am still getting the leak from elsewhere somewhere between the heads. It doesn't look like its coming from the rear of the hose? Any suggestions? As to the gas leak......if it sits for several days and then I start , gas leaks down the left side of the bike. Not sure where its coming from. After it leaks a little it then stops and wont occur again until it sits. Has anyone else experienced the same problems and found a permanent solution for both problems? Please help
others have experienced the coolant leak between the cylinders - you have to pull the air box to get to the coolant hose connections between the jugs - then simply tighten the hose clamps.

do a search on fuel leaks - there also is information on some bikes that have experienced leaks with the plastic "quick connect" type connectors of the fuel line - apparently, the seals on these connectors are damaged or something, and weep only under no pressure conditions.

·
Registered
750 Posts
When I tightened my hose down. I tightened all hose connections around the twin cylinders. No more leak... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As to posting numbers......I only post when necessary and if I have something constructive to add. I constantly am reviewing this site.....which is great given that others have the same bike and potential problems and praises. I will attempt to take the advice given and avoid going to the dealer who may have my bike for a while. If no success, I will take it to the dealer given no other option. Thanks to all for their advice and any additional imput that is yet forthcoming.

·
Registered
98 Posts
missile109 said:
As to posting numbers......I only post when necessary and if I have something constructive to add. I constantly am reviewing this site.....which is great given that others have the same bike and potential problems and praises. I will attempt to take the advice given and avoid going to the dealer who may have my bike for a while. If no success, I will take it to the dealer given no other option. Thanks to all for their advice and any additional imput that is yet forthcoming.
don't pay any attention ... apparently posting stats provide increased status level around here ... this forum's purpose is exactly for the reasons you stated ... good luck.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's true,
I've been here from near the beginning and I've seen HD'ers and a couple of others come in trying to start crap..(Usually after being toasted by one of the 9's). Some of the guys on here with high stats...correction ALL of them have been great sources of information. If it weren't for them trailblazing and totally taking this bike apart we wouldn't have HALF the mods that are out. So while its my opinion I feel that when ppridgen1 pointed out that we've had trouble makers on here, he was right! :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
one member said the fuel leak he had on the left side of the bike was the lower quick connect fuel fitting not the one directly under the tank but the one to the fuel rail supplying the injectors. you can see it with the fuel tank and air intake off the bike like you were going after the leaking coolant hose. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts