M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Before I get started I wanted to let everyone know that I love this board and it has really helped me out. I have had my 109 for less than a week but have already performed a few minor mods thanks to this forum. I really get the sense of camaraderie and family when reading through all the posts and hope to start contributing soon!

Now to the nitty-gritty!

I want to mount the Kuryakyn silver bullets as turn signals through the rear strut bolts as mentioned/done by members in the forum.

My question is which is brighter LED or Halogen?

I know the LED's require the load balancer and halogens would be simpler to install not to mention cheaper... but which is brighter? I believe that the LED draws less power which would place less load on the system. I will also be addding these as front turn signals/running lights and replacing the stockers.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Welcome :doorag:

I'm pretty sure the LED's are brighter but I have not had them side by side so maybe someone else can say forsure. Take care :doorag:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
This is were I'm at also,I like Lamonster's tag,clean and simple!I don't care for the axle stuff :( but with the light's i want them to work as "original equipment"
I want the running light's so people can better see the out line of the bike :bigthumbsup: working shift work,Half of my riding will be at night,so visibility is very important to me :eek:

G

·
Just a thought: If you are thinking of running the halogens as front running lights, they would get pretty hot. If you want the front and rear to be the same I would go with the LED's. Both are bright, but I believe the LED's will be plenty bright. I have Halongen in the rear and LED on the front Both are very bright. IMO - I would go with the LED.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I run the halogens front and rear. I like them, simple and clean. Don't care either way as far as running lights go so I usually do without. My Busa didn't have running lights from the factory.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bruno said:
Just a thought: If you are thinking of running the halogens as front running lights, they would get pretty hot. If you want the front and rear to be the same I would go with the LED's. Both are bright, but I believe the LED's will be plenty bright. I have Halongen in the rear and LED on the front Both are very bright. IMO - I would go with the LED.
Yeah... I seem to be leaning toward the LED front and rear for less heat/load issues. If they are just as bright then it makes the most sense even if they are more expensive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
EZRider44 said:
Hello Everyone,

Before I get started I wanted to let everyone know that I love this board and it has really helped me out. I have had my 109 for less than a week but have already performed a few minor mods thanks to this forum. I really get the sense of camaraderie and family when reading through all the posts and hope to start contributing soon!

Now to the nitty-gritty!

I want to mount the Kuryakyn silver bullets as turn signals through the rear strut bolts as mentioned/done by members in the forum.

My question is which is brighter LED or Halogen?

I know the LED's require the load balancer and halogens would be simpler to install not to mention cheaper... but which is brighter? I believe that the LED draws less power which would place less load on the system. I will also be addding these as front turn signals/running lights and replacing the stockers.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

The LEDS from Kury seem much brighter to me. I went with the large #2368 and 2369 and the run/turn/brake controller #4710. The load equalizer plugs right in to the controller so you don't have to wire it in. I'm very happy with the results and it's much safer. A friend told me the visibility is awesome riding behind me. I tucked everything inside the chrome fender strut. Also the LEDS should last a lifetime and take a load off the electrical system drawing much less current.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts