M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member. I am 5 10" and been riding for 20 years. Had an accident (not motorcycle) 4 years ago and crushed my right arm. Long story short, I do not have full extension of my forearm ( about 2 inches less than left arm). I guess the question is will i be able to handle the 109, rented a fatboy last summer and had no problem but those handlebars are different. I sat on a 109 at the dealer and felt good but have not ridden one. What do you guys think. Love this bike and ready to buy it, just worried about the arm thing. This a great site!!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Hate to say it but i would say it would be based on your comfort level. I am 5'10'' also with long torso and arms and i do find myself stretching somewhat. although i am pretty comfortable i will be modding the reach when some more choices come out. Thinking about the kewlmetal extensions but am not in a big hurry. hope this helps some. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't know how anyone can give you a helpful answer, other than keep sitting on bikes until you find one that fits the bill. The M109R is a fine machine, should you choose to own one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!!! Picking one up on Friday. They have 3 in stock. Black one is mine

·
Registered
890 Posts
Frank,
Check out the Kewlmetal risers or extentions...they have them from 1 to 3 inches and they really are a good product. I'm 5'8" and they (2" extentions) made a real big difference in my enjoyment of the bike :bigthumbsup:
Oh and :welcome: Let the mods begin!

Devilish

·
Registered
263 Posts
Frank

Im 5,7' and the M109 felt a bit big at first, I got use to it pretty quick, im sure you will too! Low speeds can be a challenge, as you tend to extend one arm when turning, but hey!! thats what finger tips are for. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
If it helps any, Im 5'7" and streatch on the bike, but honestly not by much and i only really see a difference at slow speed turns, obviously. What is your arm length? that is really what is going to come into play. if your 5'10" and have a 25 in arm then no it will **** for you, but if your arm is avg 32"-36" then you will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts