M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike did not get here yesterday, but they are expecting it today.

Now I am screwed because I was off yesterday and I won't be off again until next Wednesday (when I am supposed to be leaving for Merritt Island as a stopover to Daytona).

I don't want to take a bike from the dealer to biketoberfest. I would like to install an alarm and debadge before hand.

It is a minimum 2 hour ride to the ARS Motorsports for me to pick up the bike.

I am scheduled to work this Saturday at 10 am and dealership opens at 9 am. Even if I am there when it opens and everything is expedited, I still won't be able to make it in to work until noon. I need a good excuse to give my boss (woman) to be late on Saturday. in order for me to be able to pick it up before bikeotberfest...

Your help is much appreciated!!!!

:read: :read: :read:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Honesty is the best policy....... I am willing to bet whoever your telling would be okay with it as long as your straight up about it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moonbaby said:
Honesty is the best policy....... I am willing to bet whoever your telling would be okay with it as long as your straight up about it...
Did I mention that I work on sales and that in my store if you say your are leaving early for a valid reason some day, they look at you like you are from another planet or you don't care for your job??? :redfaced:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bro,

I don't know where you work but...don't they know that you're jacked about going to Biketoberfest? I'd imagine they know that you're getting a new bike as well. Anyone who doesn't understand that you're pumped up and the bike is late and you'd like some time off on Saturday to pick it up is a flaming [email protected]#$%^&* and has no feelings, no understanding, no life and is not a very good manager. Giving you that time would seem to me to make ya happy. Nothing more productive than a happy employee. Just my two coppers.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Some of the best decisions I've made in the last 10 years were the ones I made after I realized how pi$$-poorly my previous employer treated its employees in this regard... I quit.. Now I'm making a bit under 2x what I was at my last job and because of the way this job works I have about 30% downtime built into my 40 hour work week.

I'd look at finding somewhere else to work with better pay and management and once you do(not before), give them your notice and go there! I stuck it out in a job that was going nowhere for 5 years after I stopped advancing and I regret it more and more each day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harkster said:
Bro,

I don't know where you work but...don't they know that you're jacked about going to Biketoberfest? I'd imagine they know that you're getting a new bike as well. Anyone who doesn't understand that you're pumped up and the bike is late and you'd like some time off on Saturday to pick it up is a flaming [email protected]#$%^&* and has no feelings, no understanding, no life and is not a very good manager. Giving you that time would seem to me to make ya happy. Nothing more productive than a happy employee. Just my two coppers.
Welcome to my nightmare... I do make enough at the point that makes me overlook what biatch my boss is...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Moonbaby said:
+1 :bigthumbsup:

If they force you to have to lie to them as employee to employer, I'm not sure I'd do bussiness with them anyway. Mainly because the bottom line is more important to them than a good people relationship. One of the main reasons employers have high personel turnover is the fact that they put the employee last, be honest...and more than likely all will be fine. JMHO

Devilish

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DaltonH said:
I'd look at finding somewhere else to work with better pay and management and once you do (not before), give them your notice and go there!
I hear ya, but I barely have any time now. Makes it hard to interview for another J-O-B...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DevilishEyes109 said:
If they force you to have to lie to them as employee to employer, I'm not sure I'd do bussiness with them anyway.
I agree, and honesty in this case is not an option...

I still need an excuse!!!!
:redfaced:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've used cickelcyclenemea a couple times to cover my absences nobody knows what it is and sure don't want to catch it!! :dontknow: :evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
squirrel said:
I've used cickelcyclenemea a couple times to cover my absences nobody knows what it is and sure don't want to catch it!! :dontknow: :evil:
:a20: now that's funny...I need an excuse that will let me come into work 2-3 hours late...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Get sick at work the night before (syrup of ipecac) ) is great for making vomit.. not sure if you can actually still get it in the drug store however. that way if you're tossing cookies the night before, the next day looks less like an excuse and more like a valid reason...

Chemistry and Pharmacology are excellent aides in not going to work btw 8) :bigthumbsup:

Info on it here: http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc0326.htm

Buy here (5.00): http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gatew...s..y=10&Click+to+go+to+search+results.=submit

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just tell the truth, she might surprise you. When you lie anything can happen.

C-One

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tell her you had "Man problems" and it's a little too embarrassing to go into...women like to use "Woman Issues" as a blanket reason for almost anything. See if you can pull the same thing. If she presses you can either go with something involving a zipper or quote that commercial that said you had to seek professional help if your erection lasts more than 4hrs. That should be enough to prevent further prying.

·
Registered
185 Posts
M109R Fan said:
:a20: now that's funny...I need an excuse that will let me come into work 2-3 hours late...
Tell her you have a case of PMS (Picking-up Motorcycle Syndrome). :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I still say honesty.. but if you can't be honest about it.... well at least don't lie..... find another job (theres tons out there) and just tell her your going to be late saturday morning.... don't give a reason.. if she insists just say its personal....

or just don't say at all and just show up late.... then apologize.... its easier to ask for forgivness than permission...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Female boss eh??...

My wife/girlfreind is having female troubles and is in need of me this morning.. ??

better... If you have a daughter and it's her first flow, no wife to help ::) Any women should forgive you being late for that :bigthumbsup:

Just try to come up with something that a women would see as a rare thing in a man, make her think you are the greatest guy for doing whatever it is you are doing that will make you late LOL !!

Taking a dog (small puppy) to the vet after seeing it hit by a car.....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Moonbaby said:
So..I recommend you tell them you had transportation problems: getting it, but it (and everything else on the road) will be behind you now.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Dalton said
Get sick at work the night before (syrup of ipecac) ) is great for making vomit

That's funny as hell the more I see your post the more I know you would be cool to ride with anybody that can think like that has my vote! Unless this female boss is a fellow biker she would never buy the truth the truth would have the opposite reaction and probably get the poor guy fired or reprimanded. I say go with the sympathy move like prowl3r-x posted!! :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Be honest about having something personal to take care of and get to work ASAP after picking up the bike. Also, maybe you can work later to make up some of the time or work later before Sat to get extra work done. Would not lie about it if it were me. But then my boss would surely know the truth....I am a preacher...which makes God my boss. :D :D :D

You know I just had a thought... Once you get riding that new bike you there is no way you are gonna want to leave her parked and go work all day. Better just take all day Saturday off!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts