M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to order exhaust... I like both the Dragsters and the Slashdowns. Is either one more quiet than the other???

I seem to remember an issue with the Slashdown being too long and needed to be modified when Lamont was putting his on. Has this issue been resolved and is the picture on DirectLine correct as far as where they end?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do a search.  Lamont had dragsters on his and tried to quiet them.  Then he switched to speedsters and says they are MUCH quieter than the dragsters were.  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Personally I wouldn't put anything from Cobra on my bike. I'm gonna wait to see what else becomes available before I spend $400-$500+ for a set of pipes I won't like. To each his own. So far the best looking set of pipes I've seen are these:

They are manufactured by DG Hard Krome but marketed under the brand name "Roadburner" as an in-house brand for Tucker Rocky. They aren't quite available yet but are supposed to be available real soon and would likely be a better option than the Cobra's IMHO. I'm gonna wait for some others to try them out first and see what their feedback is before I decide. Other than that I'll probably wait for Vance & Hines to release something before I make my final decision.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prozac123 said:
Do a search. Lamont had dragsters on his and tried to quiet them. Then he switched to speedsters and says they are MUCH quieter than the dragsters were. :bigthumbsup:
"MUCH" quieter????

I'm hoping lamont sees this so he can chime in. How much more quiet than the dragsters and how much louder than the stock were the speedsters? I'm not looking for something that's "wake up the neighbors" loud, but want something more than the stock. I'm leaning towards the slashdowns. I like those the best.

·
Registered
277 Posts
J R said:
Im not gonna speak for Lamont but im sure he is gonna say the speedsters are WAY quieter.
Sorry I wasn't trying to speak for Lamont either, I was just relating what I had found on a search of this topic.

In this thread http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4975.0 J R had asked "Hey Hal, aint the speeds a little quieter than the drags or no ???" and Lamont had answered "No, they are a lot quieter. :bigthumbsup:"

Lamont, can you comment directly on the difference in the dragsters and speedsters?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lamonster said:
Dragsters are the loudest pipe I have ever heard on any bike. :eek: I love the sound of the Speedsters and as far as quality goes they have a lifetime warranty on the chrome. I think they are very well made. :bigthumbsup:
http://www.cobrausa.com/content/index.cfm?siteaction=warranty
Thanks Lamont. It's good to have a positive opinion from you on these pipes. I'll be sure to let you know what I think about them once I get them installed next week.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dragtsers!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
jazzman said:
Anyone familiar with Bub pipes. This 2 into 1 looks real nice. They don't make anything for the 109 yet though.

http://bub.com/Motorcycles/Harley/Softail/R5-2391/R5-2391.html
Yup, I've had several sets of Bubs pipes and they are a great quality pipe IMHO. In fact the best sounding pipes I ever heard on a metric cruiser were Bubs Big Willies on a Shadow 1100 Aero (the earlier single pin crank version). I used to ride one of those and I'd go on big group rides with Harley guys and every time we'd stop I'd have Harley guys asking me about my pipes and telling me my bike sounded better than theirs did, and theirs had $30K into them. Some of their pipes have had less success than others, just like every manufacturer, but in general you can trust that you will be getting a good sounding, good quality pipe with them. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
In the past I was'nt a Cobra fan but there quality seems to be much better now I have the dragsters and pull the baffles cause I like it loud :bigthumbsup: They are of good quality the tips are billet and can't be beat.

I want to add a 2 into 1 soon I hope, or talk someone into building me one :confused:

khrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts