M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own a M109r and think it's a great powerful bike. Is there another cruiser with a lot more power? The Hayabusa seems fast enough but I don't want a crotch rocket. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Currently own a M109r and think it's a great powerful bike. Is there another cruiser with a lot more power? The Hayabusa seems fast enough but I don't want a crotch rocket. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe
Can't get much faster than the 109 as far as production cruisers.

Some have put their 9 on the bottle. That brings out a lil more speed, If one truly needs it......

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Hayabusa seems fast enough but I don't want a crotch rocket. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe
It's good the Hayabusa seems fast enough since there's nothing faster! (According to MDNews - Jan 2010) Top speed is 188 :eek: and it does the 1/4 mile in 9.77 seconds at 146 mph. Only the GSX-R1000 is quicker in the 1/4 but it's loosing ground fast at the end of the quarter to THE busa.

VMax is the fastest cruiser but it looks like a Transformer (IMHO!):joke:

For crusiers, Here are the numbers:
M109R 1/4 mile 11.62 sec @ 115 mph
V-Rod 1/4 mile 11.46 sec @ 117 mph
8-Ball 1/4 mile 11.91 sec @ 113 mph (the hammer is slower)
VMax 1/4 mile 10.30 sec @136! mph

·
Registered
595 Posts
There is no faster V-twin cruiser on the market (the Harley V-rod is arguably as fast as the 9 but it's relatively small engine lacks the low end torque of a big bore twin and it costs MUCH more)

The Triumph Rocket III is more powerful and faster up until about 120mph where it is governor limited due to ride stability issues, compared to 132 mph governed on the 109 (and safely ungoverned via inexpensive TRE module to 150+ mph) Though the Rocket III has a 3 cylinder rather than a v-twin it is still a "cruiser" unlike the V-max and B-King which are actually naked sport bikes (ie crotch rockets without aerodynamic plastic body panels)

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
It's good the Hayabusa seems fast enough since there's nothing faster! (According to MDNews - Jan 2010) Top speed is 188 :eek: and it does the 1/4 mile in 9.77 seconds at 146 mph. Only the GSX-R1000 is quicker in the 1/4 but it's loosing ground fast at the end of the quarter to THE busa.

I like those comparisons. There are probably a few owners of the ZX14, BMW 1000RR, and the upcoming 2011 model ZX10 that will argue with the Busa thing.
On a side note, I noticed that there were some Busa highway partrol bikes equipted with Corbin bags, being used in Oklahoma:eek:. Is this for real? They have a ZR1 sheriff car here in Wake county, N.C.. But do they really need something that fast considering they have a radio to out run you:dontknow:.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Busa all the way. Lower the pegs, Heli bars and you can ride very, very, very fast all day long. I love my 9, and it's fast no doubt about it.....for a cruiser. But, the hayabusa is at a whole different level when it comes to "fast". I'm 6'-2" and find the busa pretty comfortable for longer rides. Crap load of aftermarket parts for it as well. It's a fun bike.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
There is no faster V-twin cruiser on the market (the Harley V-rod is arguably as fast as the 9 but it's relatively small engine lacks the low end torque of a big bore twin and it costs MUCH more)

The Triumph Rocket III is more powerful and faster up until about 120mph where it is governor limited due to ride stability issues, compared to 132 mph governed on the 109 (and safely ungoverned via inexpensive TRE module to 150+ mph) Though the Rocket III has a 3 cylinder rather than a v-twin it is still a "cruiser" unlike the V-max and B-King which are actually naked sport bikes (ie crotch rockets without aerodynamic plastic body panels)
Not to jack the post, but where did you find governing information on the 9? I have never heard of this, let alone at 132mph. There are many stock riding members that have gone well over that mph. The TRE is a timing retard device that comes in above 3rd gear (options available with the GIPro). Please let me know where the governing info came from, would be some good reading.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I like those comparisons. There are probably a few owners of the ZX14, BMW 1000RR, and the upcoming 2011 model ZX10 that will argue with the Busa thing.
On a side note, I noticed that there were some Busa highway partrol bikes equipted with Corbin bags, being used in Oklahoma:eek:. Is this for real? They have a ZR1 sheriff car here in Wake county, N.C.. But do they really need something that fast considering they have a radio to out run you:dontknow:.
The radio doesn't do you any good if you can't keep up with the guy and tell your backup where he's going.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Not to jack the post, but where did you find governing information on the 9? I have never heard of this, let alone at 132mph. There are many stock riding members that have gone well over that mph. The TRE is a timing retard device that comes in above 3rd gear (options available with the GIPro). Please let me know where the governing info came from, would be some good reading.
Actually a tre makes your 109 think it is in 4 gear all the time so the timing and rev limiters are the same in all gears.... :doorag:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Actually a tre makes your 109 think it is in 4 gear all the time so the timing and rev limiters are the same in all gears.... :doorag:
Not all TRE are the same, hence the info, like the GIPro is gear selectable. All you need to do to change the gear is a dierrent resistor on the correct wire---but yes, 4th is the standard for the 9 with most standard TRE's.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Agree! That's all I've ever heard about a tre for the m109. Although I've yet to test mine on top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The only thing that's a lot faster that even remotely comes close to being a cruiser is the V-Max, and it's closeness to being a cruiser is VERY remote...

·
Registered
538 Posts

You want fast......

BMW s1krr

That's all I will say :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Rocket III, then call my friends at Carpenter Racing when you want to go fast. :bigthumbsup:
Yeah the speed limiter is easily bypassed...and the rocket roadster has some pretty impressive numbers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts